VUSkip problem
i have adjusted the settings so that instead of a 30frame i get a 40-42 frame limit (unless its a scene change and it goes to 100%/60) but i have 2 problems..1 plugins cannot read ZeroGS.dll (when its in the folder) and 2 VU skip will freeze the game (sound will work but as tested the game is frozen "such as character steps will continue to walk when the controller is not touched,or frozen") how could i get VU mode to work?
platform Vista 32bit service pack 2

Processor intel® Celeron® CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GH.z
Memory (RAM): 2.00GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Sponsored links

Your computer is going to run slow regardless of what settings you use unfortunately...

That said, update to the latest beta version (1888) and try using the VU Cycle steal option in speed hacks instead (VU skip was removed in the newer betas and will be gone in 0.9.7 as well)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-23-2009, 02:28 AM)Koji Wrote: Your computer is going to run slow regardless of what settings you use unfortunately...

That said, update to the latest beta version (1888) and try using the VU Cycle steal option in speed hacks instead (VU skip was removed in the newer betas and will be gone in 0.9.7 as well)

really a shame,beacuse in a lot of games x3 cycle hack gives a LOTTA OF SPEED compared to x2 cycle hack,and even in some games,the newer revs with x2 cycle rate + vu cycle stealing to max its still not as good as older revs with x3 cylce hack and no vu-cycle stealing.
As i say a shame really Sad
VUskip was removed exactly for these reasons. Games instantly failing when you turn a hack on is not something we want.
Use GSdx, ZeroGS is outdated anyway.

diegochiha:
As much as people want the aggressive speedhacks, we will not add them back.
Even an amd system in the 2.6Ghz range can now play many games fullspeed.
This has to be enough!
(09-23-2009, 04:55 AM)rama Wrote: VUskip was removed exactly for these reasons. Games instantly failing when you turn a hack on is not something we want.
Use GSdx, ZeroGS is outdated anyway.

diegochiha:
As much as people want the aggressive speedhacks, we will not add them back.
Even an amd system in the 2.6Ghz range can now play many games fullspeed.
This has to be enough!

dont get angry my friend Happy,indeed i have a pentium 4 2.5 mhz,and i can run many games at playable rates and im happy for that,the only thing im saying is that for me enabling this speedhack (x3 cycle rate) gives me a lotta fps more but what you said its true some games just freeze or hang up when enabling this x3 cycle rate (eg:Rurouni kenshin meiji kenkaku romantan),and my point is that is strange that with x2 cycle rate i get like 20 fps ingame,but if i turn x3 cycle rate i get like 50+ fps Blink,but then the games get ustable and hangs up in about 5 mins Tongue.Thanks anyway it good to see that devs actually care what we say Ohmy
(09-23-2009, 03:55 PM)diegochiha Wrote: and my point is that is strange that with x2 cycle rate i get like 20 fps ingame,but if i turn x3 cycle rate i get like 50+ fps Blink,but then the games get ustable and hangs up in about 5 mins Tongue.Thanks anyway it good to see that devs actually care what we say Ohmy

It just make the emu to work worse than with x2.There was one problem with the emu before and because of that problem I had on KH1 more than 350fps(it's not just showing 350,the game really was running that fast) but there was all kind of problems and because of those problems I couldn't continue the game.
(09-23-2009, 04:11 PM)vsub Wrote:
(09-23-2009, 03:55 PM)diegochiha Wrote: and my point is that is strange that with x2 cycle rate i get like 20 fps ingame,but if i turn x3 cycle rate i get like 50+ fps Blink,but then the games get ustable and hangs up in about 5 mins Tongue.Thanks anyway it good to see that devs actually care what we say Ohmy

It just make the emu to work worse than with x2.There was one problem with the emu before and because of that problem I had on KH1 more than 350fps(it's not just showing 350,the game really was running that fast) but there was all kind of problems and because of those problems I couldn't continue the game.

yeah indeed x3 cycle rate breaks a lotta of games but gives a lotta of speed to them,damn its like a drug,it apears to be good but is killing you slowly Tongue
To be honest I never used 3x cycle rate except on 2 games because the others just ran horrible (or didnt run) with it, so having a speedhack that only works good for a few games isnt really a good thing specially when people reported problems having 3x cycle rate enable which was just a waste of time to read :P

Same goes for VU Skip most of games just became a flickering mess with it, I never used it because of this so it didnt kill me when it dissapeared :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-23-2009, 05:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: To be honest I never used 3x cycle rate except on 2 games because the others just ran horrible (or didnt run) with it, so having a speedhack that only works good for a few games isnt really a good thing specially when people reported problems having 3x cycle rate enable which was just a waste of time to read Tongue

Same goes for VU Skip most of games just became a flickering mess with it, I never used it because of this so it didnt kill me when it dissapeared Tongue

but it cant be put as a gamefix i mean x3 cycle hack maybe Laugh
Game fixes are for fixing games, not breaking most for giving you extra speed. So for the fourth time, NO x3 cycle hack will not be back.
[Image: newsig.jpg]