Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria Random Crashes
Hi,

Running this game with 60 FPS in the deinterlaced mode. Using the DX11 hardware mode of GSDX, 3x native, and the HW hack for Alpha to get rid of the weird lines. I'm also using the four recommended speed hacks (see below). I've read the wiki and searched around the forum.

All is great, except the game randomly crashes. I've had it crash during the first cutscene with Dylan, during a boss battle, and during a random battle; that's three times so far. What are the potential causes for this? Is this normal for the game? Is it because of one of the speedhacks, or the HW hack?

Beyond that, certain areas have strange lighting issues; honestly this isn't a huge problem, but if there's an easy fix, I would like to know.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

[Image: 7yRHmr9.png]
[Image: ilEf3vg.jpg]

Sponsored links

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Valkyrie...:_Silmeria
take note of the Alpha hack and TC offset

By crash you mean program stops working? or just shuts down? Cause I have had PCSX2 random shutdown since 1.0 Most eventviewer logs point to spu plugin causing the crash
(06-24-2013, 04:31 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Valkyrie...:_Silmeria
take note of the Alpha hack and TC offset

By crash you mean program stops working? or just shuts down? Cause I have had PCSX2 random shutdown since 1.0 Most eventviewer logs point to spu plugin causing the crash

pcsx2 has stopped working.

I just finished the entirety of FFXII IZJS on it without a single crash. Now, this game is doing this.
if you look at the system event view it it so log of pcsx2 crashing and point to which module is cause it. Like i said I been have that happen since 1.0 came out never found way to fix it just happpend randomly not to often though it usually point at spu2 pluging causing it

Unless those crash are constantly happen like ever 5 min or something i wouldn't worry about it, Could always try to Re-Rip the game with imgburn some time bad iso rips can cause issues

Of all the games I have all of they crash and stop responding at somepoint or another, and eventviewer usual points to the spu2 plugin But it happens so rarely that i just ignore it
Well, the crash hasn't happened again... if it does, I will see if I can resolve it/post if necessary.

I had one final question about the F8 screenshot key.

Both FFXII and Valkyrie Profile 2 have widecreen modes. However, if I press F8, I don't get a widescreen screenshot. F8 with 6x native dumps a 3840x2688 picture, which is mushed inward.

I know I can just alt-print screen for a normal screenshot, but is there any way to dump a proper looking full widescreen screenshot? Or do I just have to stretch it?
Most ps2 games arent widescreen so probably no. It either stretched or it has bars on side unless the game has support for widescreen hold x+o when vp2 booting to active progressive/widescreen pretty sure that has to be done in any game that support 480p and as set pcsx2 to widescreen mode 16:9 is best you gona get
uhmm...im having the same problems with my vp2...im already in chapter 5 thru shear luck from those ee tlb that makes my pcsx2 crash...now im in a fight with heimdall and after the fight the ee tlb error comes out and the pcsx2 suddenly crashes(crash like windows suddenly pops out a dailog box saying that pcsx2 is not responding giving me a choice of only closing the program)...please help
Make your own thread please.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD