Valkyrie Profile 2 Undub help?
hey all, just looking for some help on trying to get this game up and playable... I followed a set of screenshots uploaded either on this forum on on another (sorry i forgot the source) of settings used to get it working perfectly, and from others' screenshots I can see that they have it playable as well.

So far I have it being able to run, but some weird things are happening such as it having ghosting effects in the movie sequences, and also extreme slowdown once in game, also with some graphical errors along the bottom and sound not working well...

something is messed up and I just can't seem to solve this one =/

heres and example of what my screen would look like any time past the opening intro, and the new game intro... starting from ch.1 point on its like this + with all audio lost:

[Image: valkprof2-pcsx2-error.jpg]

Anyone have any solutions? ... I mean I do want to play it so bad I could just burn it to a dvd and play on my modded ps2 but it would be nice to play it using the emulator on my pc of course Smile

Sponsored links

this could come from the undub patch, unfortunately.
try re-ripping your game without applying the undub patch and try again
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-08-2011, 11:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this could come from the undub patch, unfortunately.
try re-ripping your game without applying the undub patch and try again

Shucks... well thanks for the quick reply! I might as well give it a shot and it will probably work...

I never played this game during my ps2 phase so I've been recommended it since I'm a big jrpg (ff style) fan, and seeming how japanese voice overs are almost always better than english dubs I thought this would be pure sex.

With that being said anyone who has played the game... are the english VO's that bad lol?
These are just the normal Vakyrie Profile 2 bugs.
You can search the forum for help on these.
(01-09-2011, 01:03 AM)rama Wrote: These are just the normal Vakyrie Profile 2 bugs.
You can search the forum for help on these.

oh Laugh? might have given my hopes some more life lol!

Thanks I should have done that before posting I know... just thought not many people would be playing an undub anyways ^^
Hmmm weird... yeah so software mode seems to make everything perfect, the sound is fine, theres no vertical shadowing/ghosting bars, and there isnt that weird bugged out bar along the bottom... however there is no way I can play the game in this state (running around 40% of the original speed).

Anyone have a list of working settings which they have used to play Valkyrie Profile 2 with seamlessly??
in fact, you will have no other choice than using software mode in some areas (the 1st forest and another one later in the game)
keep in mind VP2 requires a very powerful pc, as it's a very demanding game.

Thare are still a few tricks to make it work quite well : http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyrie_Pro...:_Silmeria
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
u must have done something wrong with your setup
i also have similar thing in video but its solid visible and don't have those bugged things in corner as u do.

[Image: valkyrieprofile2pic.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

look in here it might help u
http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Playable_games
and i use 3876m
Use 2x scaling in GSdx. I'm sure that's mentioned several times in the help threads ><
(01-09-2011, 01:16 PM)rama Wrote: Use 2x scaling in GSdx. I'm sure that's mentioned several times in the help threads ><

Yeah I read it removes the vertical lines, however with gsdx 872m SSSE3 0.0.12 I dont see any options for scaling =/

UPDATE: Well, managed to get rid of the junk at the bottom, and all thats the problem now is those vertical lines and the FPS being so low in player controlled sequences that it's unbearable really... and it sure isnt my specs so I have no idea what I can do to speed it up...

important specs of my pc:

i7 920 OC'd at 4.2GHz
Nvidia GTX470
8gb of DDR3 ram.

QQ my life. lol, I've heard the game is great and wish I could somehow get this working perfectly FPSwise... because I'm sure it isnt my specs, it has to do with toggling my settings around I'm guessing...