Valkyrie Profile 2 problems.
(03-11-2013, 10:34 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: you can try enabling frameskipping it will make games that dont run 60fps run better, but that also introduce issues, but should be come more playable,
Try enable 8 bit Textures in GSDX to out of cuorisity if you use Native Res for the game is it still acting the same?

other then this i out of ideas unless even the AMD fx 8350 vishera even at 4ghz is still slower the 920 @stock as far as per core performance is which i would find to be lil unbelievable.

Well with 8-bit textures and/or native res it's the exact same problem...thanks anyway for the help

Sponsored links

(03-11-2013, 11:02 PM)KrimsoN111 Wrote: Well with 8-bit textures and/or native res it's the exact same problem...thanks anyway for the help

well can try making sure you have updated DX and GPU drivers, if it same issue in native game resolution all that tells me is CPU/GPU is the issue i cant believe a 7xxx series GPU with 3gb is the issue. So either even the newer AMD CPU at 4ghz still are terrible compared to a 920@stock, as far as per core performance goes, which is what matter more then core count. Then I at a complete lose, Maybe what they say about AMD cpu are terrible for this emulator is correct, and seeing as I refuse to use AMD cpu i dont know.
(03-11-2013, 11:22 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: well can try making sure you have updated DX and GPU drivers, if it same issue in native game resolution all that tells me is CPU/GPU is the issue i cant believe a 7xxx series GPU with 3gb is the issue. So either even the newer AMD CPU at 4ghz still are terrible compared to a 920@stock, as far as per core performance goes, which is what matter more then core count. Then I at a complete lose, Maybe what they say about AMD cpu are terrible for this emulator is correct, and seeing as I refuse to use AMD cpu i dont know.
Yeah, my bro handles the drivers and he said they're up to date...i dunno its weird.
It's not weird;p.

Vishera is just piledriver 8 core, it's nothing soo "new" when not using software rendering it's as good(bad;p) as 4 core piledrivers and considering they're still bit slower than phenom II, you can't really compare their speed to any icore cpu's which are way ahead.>.> 8 cores are useless for gaming, maybe in some years it will change, but even then it's performance could be at best as 4 core icore and it's generally a waste of power, waste of money, marketing trap for non-geeks nothing else. Your cpu is not really powerfull ~ feel enlightened now:]. You could try OC it more, but probably 8 cores are bad at OC(I don't have one to say for sure, but all those 8 cores generate loads of heat for sure and that's nothing good for OC;]), you would have much easier having quad piledriver, they OC nicely and you could easily get full speed having like 4.5 ghz or soo.(On your place I would totally replace that useless 8 core to 4 core+nice heatsink for OC if you aren't encoding loads of videos and similar stuff which is the only way of trully using those 8 cores.Tongue)

Anyway turn off EE cyclerate it commonly craps out the sound at cutscenes and same as other slider speedhack can cause decreased speed doesn't matter what fps counter showsTongue. It'll probably not help anyway if your cpu is simply not powerfull enough, but at least it'll not show false results and with EE hitting upper 9x % you'll be sure it's slow couse your cpu.
You could also try MTvu, but it generally gives less at slow architecture cpu's(in simple words - even if it could give alot on latest icore, it can give nothing or even slow down at vishera;]) and I don't remember much if any gain from it at VP2 on my amd cpu(through just little would probably be enough).

VP2 is just one of those few jRPG's which just needs more juice of cpu or at least a big dose of acceptance for ocassional slowdowns.
(03-12-2013, 12:38 AM)miseru99 Wrote: It's not weird;p.

Vishera is just piledriver 8 core, it's nothing soo "new" when not using software rendering it's as good(bad;p) as 4 core piledrivers and considering they're still bit slower than phenom II, you can't really compare their speed to any icore cpu's which are way ahead.>.> 8 cores are useless for gaming, maybe in some years it will change, but even then it's performance could be at best as 4 core icore and it's generally a waste of power, waste of money, marketing trap for non-geeks nothing else. Your cpu is not really powerfull ~ feel enlightened now:]. You could try OC it more, but probably 8 cores are bad at OC(I don't have one to say for sure, but all those 8 cores generate loads of heat for sure and that's nothing good for OC;]), you would have much easier having quad piledriver, they OC nicely and you could easily get full speed having like 4.5 ghz or soo.(On your place I would totally replace that useless 8 core to 4 core+nice heatsink for OC if you aren't encoding loads of videos and similar stuff which is the only way of trully using those 8 cores.Tongue)

Anyway turn off EE cyclerate it commonly craps out the sound at cutscenes and same as other slider speedhack can cause decreased speed doesn't matter what fps counter showsTongue. It'll probably not help anyway if your cpu is simply not powerfull enough, but at least it'll not show false results and with EE hitting upper 9x % you'll be sure it's slow couse your cpu.
You could also try MTvu, but it generally gives less at slow architecture cpu's(in simple words - even if it could give alot on latest icore, it can give nothing or even slow down at vishera;]) and I don't remember much if any gain from it at VP2 on my amd cpu(through just little would probably be enough).

VP2 is just one of those few jRPG's which just needs more juice of cpu or at least a big dose of acceptance for ocassional slowdowns.
Oi...really? well. that blows. i guess i wont be getting full speed...
wow that is messed up a i7 920 @ stock speed is released back in sept 2009 is better then AMD cpu released like a year ago.... how behind is AMD if a 4 year old cpu best it still in per core performance/Architecture..

Guess my reason for staying away from amd like they the plague is right they sucked back when I first tired them 10+ years ago and still do. No wonder Intel charges such a premium on there cpu's. but there mutli core performance runs all over Intel, sad part there is 99% all games and programs fail to use multi core correctly still
(03-12-2013, 01:06 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: wow that is messed up a i7 920 @ stock speed is released back in sept 2009 is better then AMD cpu released like a year ago.... how behind is AMD if a 4 year old cpu best it still in per core performance/Architecture..

Guess my reason for staying away from amd like they the plague is right they sucked back when I first tired them 10+ years ago and still do. No wonder Intel charges such a premium on there cpu's. but there mutli core performance runs all over Intel, sad part there is 99% all games and programs fail to use multi core correctly still

uugh...what a waste! now what...jeez. well, i guess i'm out of luck, more-or-less. thanks for the help, anyway.
(03-12-2013, 02:29 AM)KrimsoN111 Wrote: uugh...what a waste! now what...jeez. well, i guess i'm out of luck, more-or-less. thanks for the help, anyway.

play it on a ps2 or start using framerate skipping set to like 2-2 or 3-3 maybe higher it will be more play able
amd pd is still a major improvement over bd. the problem is that its still based on that shared resources modules crap. steamroller is supposed to fix this. according to the ffx-2 benchmark thread, a stock 4 core pd is in between a nehalem and sb intel at their stock values.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-12-2013, 02:34 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: play it on a ps2 or start using framerate skipping set to like 2-2 or 3-3 maybe higher it will be more play able

I don't have a ps2 lol...sold it thinking "i'm in there".

(03-12-2013, 04:18 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: amd pd is still a major improvement over bd. the problem is that its still based on that shared resources modules crap. steamroller is supposed to fix this. according to the ffx-2 benchmark thread, a stock 4 core pd is in between a nehalem and sb intel at their stock values.
interesting. well, all's well that ends well...if that fits here lolTongue