Valkyrie profile 2 slow on gaming PC
Hello, I am new to this community and I got bored of playing these new games that come out, because they just sell you a brand. They don't even put effort in creating their new products. I wanna go back to playing some of my games on the ps2, but I can't because my parents camp in front of the tv all the time... I heard this emulator is good so I gave it a chance.

It works, but I do not seem to get great performance on it. I read the beginners guide on how to configure the program depending on your cpu and gpu and I still get low fps.

Computer specs are the following...
-Intel®Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.39 GHZ
- 32bit Windows Vista Operating System
- 3GB ram
- Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX

Version of pcsx2 is 1.0.0 (r5350)

Sponsored links

hmm why don't get yourself a brand new 50 LCD ;D? Valkyrie Profile is running slow if you don't try all configurations of plugins + that game usually lags no matter what configuration you have. And there are allready TONS of topics about that (search button really helps) if you still have a problem check youtube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...XI3MSKE0YI
Simple, you're bottlenecked by your processor's speed...

Use speed hacks, set VU Cycle Stealing to 1 or 2 (might gives you fake FPS though)
(08-18-2012, 01:19 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: Simple, you're bottlenecked by your processor's speed...

Use speed hacks, set VU Cycle Stealing to 1 or 2 (might gives you fake FPS though)

I tried that already. It dosnt make it perfect, but it makes it playable at the very least.

Other games seem to run smooth. For example, FF12 runs smooth. Maybe the emu was not optimized for Valkyrie profile 2.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. Ill do some more research on it and if I find a solution ill post it here.
The game is far more demanding than FF12 is. You'll have to overclock your CPU for better performance.