Very Big Problem
Question 
Hi all

I'm using pcsx2 from the 0.8.x version and it gave me no problem since I reinstalled the OS (windows 7 Ultimate) again after a virus attack.

It starded giving me problems with the directx 9c installation, that in Windows 7 is useless cause dx 11 is already istalled by default.

I solved this problem, and, when everything seemd allright, -BANG!- the GS plugin started to give me problems too.

I tried every, and i repeat EVERY configuration possible, even the previous config.

If anyone is able to understand anything in this mess, he's welcome Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I'd suggest using the latest official build 1.0?
[Image: 2555882.png]
Try re-installing or updating your video card drivers. Your video adapter should not be showing up as standard VGA.
(10-31-2012, 02:57 PM)Luke_thc Wrote: It starded giving me problems with the directx 9c installation, that in Windows 7 is useless cause dx 11 is already istalled by default.

Just because you use Win7 and have dx11 doesn't mean you have the newest update\release of directx(which GSdx requires)

(10-31-2012, 02:57 PM)Luke_thc Wrote: I solved this problem, and, when everything seemd allright, -BANG!- the GS plugin started to give me problems too.

Your screenshoot don't show any errors
Actually the biggest problem with that belief you don't need to upgrade DirectX in Windows 7 is it being plain false Smile

Most games relying on it will install it for you, but their may and probably are older versions (for they use the version available since the start of the development).

PCSX2 is being developed using the latest version trying to squish the last drop of performance possible. So it calls for the application using the latest version as well. To understand what happens, if you have the latest version of the runtime installed you'll able to play everything that come (because of backward compatibility). The inverse is not true, if you have older version and triy to use application developed under newer version it will fail.

So, following the advice and getting the latest version directly from MS does only good for you. Since I hope you'll be at it, grab the directX9.c as well, does not matter if you are on Windows 7 (or 8 now) you will need it still.

PS: Understand that the version which comes with Windows 7 is old, possibly older than that of most games of today and CERTAINLY older than the used by PCSX2. And DirectX is not updated automatically.
Imagination is where we are truly real
You need to update pretty like anything you mentioned. 0.8.x based PCSX2 releases are as old as T-Rex. Laugh
Well, i tried to use either the 0.9 or the 1.0.0 version, but the results were the same. And when I said i solved the problem i mean that I managed to install the Directx 9c!
I link my average error message, so you can maybe understand anything more Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you are planning to directly use the needed dx files,you are supposed to place them in the pcsx2 directory,not in the plugins directory
And the error about AVX,you'll get it if your CPU don't support AVX

And btw,GSdx need the dx files that end with _43 not _36
So what you think i should do? I mean, can you make a very fast guide? Laugh
About what,you said you don't have problems with DX and those "problems" in the image are not problems.
You just placed some files in the wrong place.
PCSX2 won't work any different if you remove those files or leave them there