Very slow graphics on ATI Radeon card
Tekken 5 runs fast on menu, but very slow during the game process.
At the title of the window I see the following params: FPS: 18, EE 99%, GS 80%.
Changing GS plugin setting 'internal resolution' to 256x256 doesn't help.
Switching between 'OpenGL (software)' and 'OpenGL (hardware)' options has no effect.
Any suggestions?

Ubuntu 14.04,
CPU: A8-4500M,
RAM: 8 GB,
Graphics: Radeon HD 7640G,

$ glxinfo | grep -E '(render|vendor).*:'

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA

Sponsored links

I suggest getting a decent CPU to start with.
this APU's STR is around 1000 while tekken 5 would require one with an STR around 1400-1500 to run decently.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
To add you would need to use catalyst drivrr for its muscle. But your main problem is clearly cpu related.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Fantastish! 1.9 GHz 4-cores CPU with 512 MB video RAM is not enough to emulate 2000's year console!
I'm really shocked!
Anyway, 'top' utility shows that CPU is loaded only at 230% on average during the game,
when theoretical maximum is 400% (because of 4 cores). Is it OK?

To add you would need to use catalyst drivrr for its muscle. But your main problem is clearly cpu related.
With catalyst driver it crashes.
Quote:Fantastish! 1.9 GHz 4-cores CPU with 512 MB video RAM is not enough to emulate 2000's year console!
I'm really shocked!
Well, you know what a ps2's architecture is... So I don't understand why you're shocked ?
Quote:Anyway, 'top' utility shows that CPU is loaded only at 230% on average during the game,
when theoretical maximum is 400% (because of 4 cores). Is it OK?
Could be 300% with mtvu speedhack.
But still, your str is gonna be too low
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
MTVU would most likely never max out a third core though, You'd probably be waiting for some syncing between the first and third threads, or possibly between the second and third. MTVUs effectiveness would also depend on if game utilizes VU1 fully, or if they do most of the processing on VU0. Anyways, I have a friend who used to have that same APU in his laptop, and most games were slow on it. Tekken 5 is also moderately demanding and will require quite a fast laptop in order to be run at full speed. So OP, you're best off playing on your PS2 until you can get an upgrade.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I never considered my CPU as 'slow'. So it seems to be a lot cheaper to buy a hardware PS2, than to replace the laptop for the sake of emulation.
The CPU isn't exactly "slow", it's just that PCSX2 and some other emulators, are extremely demanding, and will test a CPUs limits.

In this case, a used PS2 is the best option, unless you can afford to build a $500 emulation PC
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
To be honest, Mesa /Catalyst drivers aren't the fatest in the world. It doesn't really help the GS thread.
1.9 GHz 4-cores CPU is not strong enough for Pcsx2, you need at least a Core i3 at 3.0GHZ also the Radeon ATi is not good enough specially on Linux, you need a NVIDIA video card GTXXX. Remember, Ati's video drivers are really crappy on Linux, that's a fact Sad. You can try using Windows and probably get more speed
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]