Vice City Stories: Subtitles in Black Boxes, or Slow FPS
When I use the OpenGL Hardware renderer, the game runs at normal speed but the subtitles are all in black boxes, as are some of the banners. When I use any of the software renderers, the subtitles and banners are transparent, but the game slows down a lot. How can I fix this?

Here's what I mean(the picture has settings that get me 60 fps but blocks):
[Image: Ek6vkTyr.jpg]

Sponsored links

Is the issue resolved when you enable "Hardware Depth" and "Accurate Date"? If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to give the latest development builds a shot.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think it is related to alpha testing. Hopefully it will be fixed in the dev version.
(04-08-2017, 07:31 AM)ssakash Wrote: Is the issue resolved when you enable "Hardware Depth" and "Accurate Date"? If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to give the latest development builds a shot.

(04-08-2017, 07:36 PM)gregory Wrote: I think it is related to alpha testing. Hopefully it will be fixed in the dev version.

Do these Dev builds give an easier way to install the emulator exclusively on my secondary SSD (I want it on my D drive, not my C drive)? Also, what does "accurate date" do? I tried "hardware depth" and the screen flickered; should I change the general settings preset? I have that on 1 right now.

update: I did enable hardware depth on the OpenGL hardware, and it took care of boxes around things like "truck health," mission ones, but not subtitles or when entering my house.
There's no installer for the dev builds. All you do is unzip it and install it wherever you please.