Video and audio not in synch
I started playing Suikoden IV and in order to keep a stable framerate of 55-60 I increased the settings of speedhacks to maximum. The only problem is during cut scenes the audio is a lot faster than the video itself :/ any way to resolve this? thanks

Sponsored links

Never max your speedhacks especially VU Cycle Stealing. Try putting EE Cyclerate at 2 and VU Cycle Stealing at 1. By the way, you should include your system specs too.
I tried that but then the framerate started dropping to 30-40 :/ it's kind of a problem since the game slows down when there are a lot of characters on screen.. mainly during battles and when there are lots of people in a town

oh right sry my specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730

also i'm running Windows 7 64bit
Maxed speed hacks is giving false max reading hence the slow video. Meaning its not running fullspeed does the gameplay feel any faster when the speed hacks are maxed? The problem is that low 1.7ghz it is far to low for proper speeds in PCSX2. I take it this is a laptop right?
(01-31-2013, 10:47 PM)Topken Wrote: Maxed speed hacks is giving false max reading hence the slow video. Meaning its not running fullspeed does the gameplay feel any faster when the speed hacks are maxed? The problem is that low 1.7ghz it is far to low for proper speeds in PCSX2. I take it this is a laptop right?

Yes, max speedhacks do help the FPS to get up but may mess with the "timings"... the "false reading" related to FPS in this case is a misconception, it's true that more frames are being sampled per second, just the things happening at each sample/frame are not what they should anymore.
Imagination is where we are truly real
yes its a laptop :/ yeah the gameplay is faster but then the videos are slow anyway. Ill reduce the speedhacks then

thanks for the advice Smile