Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Chip for PS2
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know how to play backup games with an unchipped slimline playstation?
Sure its on google, but i have searched and there is no decent explaining guides or free methods so far that ive seen.
Can anyone clarify with a few links maybe?
I just bought a new second hand scph 70004 and dont want to chip it for the obvious laser reasons.
Is it safe to use something besides a chip even to do so?
Regards
dJ
[Image: japanese-hacker-small.gif]

Sponsored links

You can try Swap Magic. Just google it a bit for more info. It allows you to play burned games, run homebrew aps, and the like and is handy for dumping bios as well.
Thanks man, from your experience, is it safe to use?
Ive seen things about swap magic, but they all say you need an extra app...
I have my ps2 five years and i haven't chipped it yet.Maybe that's not good for my money but I can tell that my ps2 works fine.My cousin got a modchip and in a year his ps2 broke down.Swap magic is much safer,but ps2 games have become really cheap nowadays.So, why risking damaging your console when you can have games like Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts for only 10-20$.
(07-07-2009, 11:36 AM)DarkDante Wrote: So, why risking damaging your console when you can have games like Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts for only 10-20$.

He said backups not pirated copies.. Some people just like to keep their originals in good nick and ruin burned copies. Dont make assumptions like this please, im already itching over the close button due to the modchip/swapmagic discussion.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Is there any way i could do it without swapm, armax, gshark or codebreaker?
I have got:
2x 8mb Sony mcs
scph 70004 slimline
Desktop computer P4
Lan cable
3x usb devices
FMCB 1.8b which was in a 'noobie package'
Swap magic which i downloaded as pal gave me two main files cd.iso and dvd.iso and a folder
cd and dvd are about 110 mb each
I also have cdgenps2 and some ps2 side and pc clients.
Ive tried to burn dvd.iso as image with nero but it refuses the burn to dvd option, only allows cds.
My only other option is to pay R100 ($11 or £8) to have someone 'chip' my mc and risk it not working.
If someone knows please bring out a worthy tutorial which i will then mirror accross the world.
Regards dJ
(07-08-2009, 10:06 AM)CodeChanger Wrote: Swap magic which i downloaded as pal gave me two main files cd.iso and dvd.iso and a folder
cd and dvd are about 110 mb each

Warning for piracy, Swap Magic is a commercial product, you are breaking the law. However despite your efforts to circumnavigate the charge, the point in swap magic is for you to be able to boot disks which would not usually boot in your ps2, trying to boot from a recorded cd/dvd kind of defeats the point, ergo it will not work.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(07-08-2009, 10:06 AM)CodeChanger Wrote: FMCB 1.8b which was in a 'noobie package'

If you have FMCB on you card installed,you actually already have a way to boot backups(only PS2 DVD games...no PS2 CD and no PS1 games).
1.Backup your original game to ISO
2.Patch it with the ESR patcher
3.Burn the patched ISO using ImgBurn and play it using ESR.
No piracy, i own original version of swap magic but they are wasted and cant even back up. Anyway, vsub, howsit bru.
How do i get the files on my mc?
(07-08-2009, 02:31 PM)CodeChanger Wrote: No piracy, i own original version of swap magic but they are wasted and cant even back up. Anyway, vsub, howsit bru.
How do i get the files on my mc?

You have FMCB installed or not?
If you have the noobie package then follow the instructions
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/