Vista PCSX2 Problem
I am trying to run a game straight from the CD/DVD drive, I am not using an ISO. When I go to File>Run CD/DVD it crashes immediately with a window saying "pcsx2t.exe has stopped working". Looking at the program output I see two messages "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND", then it says Gif Reset and NTSC, but I assume these aren't significant. Does anyone know what might be causing the error? I searched and couldn't find the answer anywhere so forgive me if it's in some obscure topic.

Attached is my plugin setup.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Hey, I believe we have the same problem: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2643.html

Though after NTSC, it says vmhack for me. My plugins very different though

edit - if I change the bio though, it would give the "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND" messages
(12-30-2008, 02:13 AM)maguspk Wrote: I am trying to run a game straight from the CD/DVD drive, I am not using an ISO. When I go to File>Run CD/DVD it crashes immediately with a window saying "pcsx2t.exe has stopped working". Looking at the program output I see two messages "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND", then it says Gif Reset and NTSC, but I assume these aren't significant. Does anyone know what might be causing the error? I searched and couldn't find the answer anywhere so forgive me if it's in some obscure topic.

You didnt read the setup guide then, you need to dump rom2 and erom from your own PS2.

Read it here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
(12-30-2008, 12:37 PM)azure6610 Wrote:
(12-30-2008, 02:13 AM)maguspk Wrote: I am trying to run a game straight from the CD/DVD drive, I am not using an ISO. When I go to File>Run CD/DVD it crashes immediately with a window saying "pcsx2t.exe has stopped working". Looking at the program output I see two messages "rom2 NOT FOUND" and "erom NOT FOUND", then it says Gif Reset and NTSC, but I assume these aren't significant. Does anyone know what might be causing the error? I searched and couldn't find the answer anywhere so forgive me if it's in some obscure topic.

You didnt read the setup guide then, you need to dump rom2 and erom from your own PS2.

Read it here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

I guess I should mention then that I already have the BIOS files in the bios directory. Including an EROM and ROM2 file. In fact, these files aren't even necessary I've read, so the problem lies elsewhere, I've heard people getting this error message and still being able to play games fine.
(12-31-2008, 12:00 AM)maguspk Wrote: I guess I should mention then that I already have the BIOS files in the bios directory. Including an EROM and ROM2 file. In fact, these files aren't even necessary I've read, so the problem lies elsewhere, I've heard people getting this error message and still being able to play games fine.

Are you sure there are no other errors? I just started using this emulator today and I initially had some problems setting it up but it's somewhat ok now. I'm also getting the "rom2 not found" errors but it doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect. Playing FFX now.
Please try with other plugins, i suggest you with plugins iso, playing games with directed from dvdrom can slow your fps rather than iso and somethime in several games make crash and stop working (not compatible).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.