Vista tuning
(02-21-2009, 11:42 PM)Saiki Wrote: nope, that's not what I'm refering to. if you look at mine, it's 80%/99% in both (sl is using about 10% of my cpu) the task manager and in pcsx2, i could load another game and it would show about the same in both. I think you're having a windows problem, not a pcsx2 problem. (which again, I think you only defragged your pc and not what I was refering to)

Nah. I did disc check.

Rightclick the hdd, tools, disc check.

Well it is possible that it's my vista. I had never said that it's pcsx2, cuz i have this cpu usage in idle!^^

Hm, maybe i'll set my system new up? I hate to that tough.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |

Sponsored links

um.. I have a few more ideas you can try. let me get some links for you

try this tool (it's all I can thing of off the top of my head):
http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25
(02-21-2009, 11:50 PM)Saiki Wrote: um.. I have a few more ideas you can try. let me get some links for you

try this tool (it's all I can thing of off the top of my head):
http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option...&Itemid=25 <atf cleaner, very helpful

yea, did it.

Well I made a screen from my idle. REAL IDLE. no icq. no utorrent. nothing!

(just my necessesary services)

not really smooth as you can see. my idle is like a hill. Up and down. Always, even after 10 h.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
yea, I see, it could be a problem in windows that may have been fixed, or it could be somehting in your install, but just for good measure let's try this:

go to C:\Windows\prefetch and delete everything in there, then reboot

(if you have XP as well can you post comparative shots of them both? i'd say 2mins after boot should be more than fine)
(02-22-2009, 12:11 AM)Saiki Wrote: yea, I see, it could be a problem in windows that may have been fixed, or it could be somehting in your install, but just for good measure let's try this:

go to C:\Windows\prefetch and delete everything in there, then reboot

(if you have XP as well can you post comparative shots of them both? i'd say 2mins after boot should be more than fine)

nah, i don't have dual OS anymore. Well, i will delete the prefetch ordner. Also i've read ur pm and I'll come to irc.

If any1 has another solution, please post!
Well, now with some tweaking my system runs smooth(imo 670 ram in use, system with aero @ 6% on core#1 core#0 % @ idle tough).

Well, in Vista ultimate, one svchost.exe has incredible useless stuff in it... after disableing the services, my system is really smooth!

(Only sometimes core#1 goes up to 40-50% for just a sec)

Thanks for the providied help
not a problem. hope it stays like that
Vista SP2 RC (v275)

turn-off Vista Sidebar.
turn-off unnessary task-scheduler.
turn-off alot useless service.

[Image: 3299865080_421a3ba5a7_o.jpg]
(02-22-2009, 10:06 AM)RetupmocSoft Wrote: Vista SP2 RC (v275)

turn-off Vista Sidebar.
turn-off unnessary task-scheduler.
turn-off alot useless service.

[Image: 3299865080_421a3ba5a7_o.jpg]

Yea I did that. My cpu runs now smooth. Well, but sometimes it occur (every 20 sec maybe?) that my usage jumps to 40-60% for a sec. Then everything is back to normal.

Yesterday I upgraded to RC1 SP2