Visual C++ 2010 Borked
Not entirely sure where to post this but since it's implemented in GSDX so here goes:

While following the progress of the PCSX2 team as a whole and wanting to utilize the latest builds I found myself needing to install the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable as per http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php .

Good thing is it let me play on the newest pcsx2, bad thing is it farked my system to the ground. I started experiencing random "lag packets" in everything. Just while using word or firefox and trying a simple button click or scroll I'd occasionally have to wait 10-20 seconds for my system to react. An uninstall later and everything is just dandy again............buuuut I'm completely shut out from future versions of pcsx2 at this rate :/

So my question is, anyone else experience this problem? If so why implement this buggy beta code into pcsx2 in the first place? I guess my only hope is for beta 2 of this redistributable to be more system friendly?

Sponsored links

Works fine here. Why implement beta code in beta plugins and beta builds? It's obvious, they are all beta and people are trying new things Tongue You want stable grab the latest release or even the latest officially released beta. You can't expect bleeding edge SVN builds that get updated daily to be bug free...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's not the build I'm complaining about, it's the actual runtime that seems to have system wide issues.

Aaand unfortunately the official beta is bugged out of it's mind with certain games as well, constant picture flickering in ff12 and very odd cpu usage. In the meantime I've found a workable medium with the versions just before the Vs2010 implementation though.

Anyway not really complaining AT ALL I guess, more so asking to see if this problem is widespread. Found one other person on a separate forum with the issue http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1384312 but so far nothing else.
You don't even have to use the VS2010 builds... I'm still building the latest SVN just fine with 2008. I gave the precompiled 2010 version a go, but I just found it giving me laggier results.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Quote:-Good thing is it let me play on the newest pcsx2, bad thing is it farked my system to the ground
-buuuut I'm completely shut out from future versions of pcsx2 at this rate :/
-If so why implement this buggy beta code into pcsx2 in the first place?
-Aaand unfortunately the official beta is bugged out of it's mind with certain games as well
Sure looks like complaining to me.

Anyway it is pretty obvious that the problem is not widespread,as you found out from your google search (2 peope is pretty minor) and as you can find out by all the users around here using the latest builds.
What you still fail to realize is that betas are betas and we give no support for them. So any question regarding why it doesn't work,why it makes my PC explode,why it won't work with game X,why the redistributable needed to run it (which is also beta) kills my performance is not our concern. You can always use 0.9.6 release, which we support and know is stable. If you choose you use a beta/SVN fine by us, but don't come back here asking the questions above.

In any case you can always get the source and compile the VS 2008 project of both PCSX2 and GSdx which work fine and no need to install the redistributable that gives you problems.
[Image: newsig.jpg]