* Webcam

* Win 7 Home Premium
* Webcam
* Bluetooth
* WIFI
* nVIDIA GeForce GT 315M + Intel HD Graphics with 1GB Dedicated
* 500 GB HDD
* 4 GB RAM

I am planning to get a laptop of these specifications. Please tell me if this is a good choice.

Sponsored links

I have the same CPU in my laptop and I play persona 4 without issue, the graphics chip is quite a bit weaker than mine however so you may have to run the game at native resolution (low res)
[Image: 2748844.png]
GeForce GT 315M...? Are you sure it is GT?

As far as I know, the 315M is not a GT, and only has 512mb dedicated V-RAM. The lowest GT in the 300M series is the GT 320M.

I don't know Persona games personally, but I'm pretty sure a bit weaker cards can handle them on native.
(06-03-2011, 11:26 PM)Rezard Wrote: GeForce GT 315M...? Are you sure it is GT?

As far as I know, the 315M is not a GT, and only has 512mb dedicated V-RAM. The lowest GT in the 300M series is the GT 320M.

I don't know Persona games personally, but I'm pretty sure a bit weaker cards can handle them on native.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_....29_series

Memory bandwidth of less than half of my 540m, I can play P3 at 3x most of the time (run it about 2.5 to make sure there aren't any slowdowns) P4 requires a bit more from the graphics card so I get little bits of slowdown in certain scenes at 2.5 (1440x1080). With the 315M you are almost guaranteed a max of native or maybe 1024x1024.

(edit) Confirming what Rezard said with that link, no GT only 315M.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for your comment guys, So it would be a alright choice for me to get that laptop? I've got a few other options aswell, because after i get a laptop, i wont be buying anymore for acouple of years or so.
How about these specifications. Its another laptops one, will it run faster ? By the way will this laptop be able to run psxc2 with no errors? i need to make sure because after i get it, i can't get another for years.

* Intel Core i5 2410m CPU
* 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
* Windows 7 Home Premium

* Win 7 Home Premium
* Webcam
* Bluetooth
* WIFI
* 1GB Graphics Memory
* nVidia GeForce GT525M
* 500 GB HDD
* 4 GB RAM
* 15.5 Inch Screen
(06-04-2011, 03:55 AM)_tonay Wrote: Thanks for your comment guys, So it would be a alright choice for me to get that laptop? I've got a few other options aswell, because after i get a laptop, i wont be buying anymore for acouple of years or so.
How about these specifications. Its another laptops one, will it run faster ? By the way will this laptop be able to run psxc2 with no errors? i need to make sure because after i get it, i can't get another for years.

* Intel Core i5 2410m CPU
* 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
* Windows 7 Home Premium

* Win 7 Home Premium
* Webcam
* Bluetooth
* WIFI
* 1GB Graphics Memory
* nVidia GeForce GT525M
* 500 GB HDD
* 4 GB RAM
* 15.5 Inch Screen

This one is definitely better compared to the other one. I've been playing p4 on my corei3-330m with 310m 512mb ge force,works pretty well at native resolution so i'm guessing it will work better for you Laugh
you better try have a desktop too...
new desktop is the highest priority than a laptop to run pcsx2 well.
and addition you might got experience the comparison to run pcsx2 on both PC and a laptop.
and one more addition laptop+pcsx2 is HIGHLY favorable on high-CPU temperatures w/c means there is a risk than a desktop.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
well i got the laptop guys! and so far its pretty sweet Smile