Waht games will run well with my poor machine?
Hi, Im asking this because you give videos and screenshots about games, and most of them run almost perfectly, but I dont have that kind of machine Tongue, so i was wondering about games that my Pc can handle.
This is my big guy n_n:

DualCore [email protected] (I have a biostar so i coulndt get more Tongue)
ATIradeon x1550
2Gb Ram
Vista ultimate edition

And by well I mean 60fps or the closest number ... 50-45 I´d be happy

Games I´ve tried ...

Final Fantasy X = 60 most parts - 32/40 lowest fps I got
Disgaea II = 60 always - 49/50 intro Tongue
Final Fantasy X-2 = 45 mostly - 30/35 lowest fps (in battle mostly)
final Fantasy XII = 45/55 - 30 lowest fps
Okami = 55/45 - 40 lowest fps
Shadow of the colossus = 30 - 20 lowest fps
Magna Carta = 50 - 8 lowest fps (most part of the time Tongue)
Devil may cry 3 se = 60/55 - 50 lowest fps (I was very happy X3)

I´m considering about buying Grandia III and Tales of the abyss, might this games run "well" in my machine? and could you give me the name of other games that doesnt need a monster machine to run smoothly? Thanks!
Edite by moderator.... smaller signature, thanks... <== Best Sig EVER! Thank you! X3

Sponsored links

(02-26-2009, 07:18 AM)agapitoxxx Wrote: Hi, Im asking this because you give videos and screenshots about games, and most of them run almost perfectly, but I dont have that kind of machine Tongue, so i was wondering about games that my Pc can handle.
This is my big guy n_n:

DualCore [email protected] (I have a biostar so i coulndt get more Tongue)
ATIradeon x1550
2Gb Ram
Vista ultimate edition

And by well I mean 60fps or the closest number ... 50-45 I´d be happy

Games I´ve tried ...

Final Fantasy X = 60 most parts - 32/40 lowest fps I got
Disgaea II = 60 always - 49/50 intro Tongue
Final Fantasy X-2 = 45 mostly - 30/35 lowest fps (in battle mostly)
final Fantasy XII = 45/55 - 30 lowest fps
Okami = 55/45 - 40 lowest fps
Shadow of the colossus = 30 - 20 lowest fps
Magna Carta = 50 - 8 lowest fps (most part of the time Tongue)
Devil may cry 3 se = 60/55 - 50 lowest fps (I was very happy X3)

I´m considering about buying Grandia III and Tales of the abyss, might this games run "well" in my machine? and could you give me the name of other games that doesnt need a monster machine to run smoothly? Thanks!

You could try to turn on speed hacks (there's a submenu for it under "config-> speed hacks" and then select x2 Cycle Rate and see if that helps). If not, enable the three boxes on the right side of the speed hacks window. Most games should boot fine, but since they're hacks, some games may not work at all. The problem with x3 Cycle Rate is many games won't be as smooth. Most any computer with a Dual/Quad Core processor will be fine (and since your CPU isn't a Pentium D, you're okay).
What I realized is that is if enable the x3 thing and check the 3 boxes I get more speed but fmv runs kinda laggy, if I enable X2, fmv run ok, but speed is decreased, so I like to play with the speed hacks and mess around with it XD.
But could you tell me some games that do not need that much PC or grpahics (like disgaea)
and if grandia III or tales of the abyss will run ok. Thanks!
Edite by moderator.... smaller signature, thanks... <== Best Sig EVER! Thank you! X3
(02-26-2009, 08:43 AM)agapitoxxx Wrote: What I realized is that is if enable the x3 thing and check the 3 boxes I get more speed but fmv runs kinda laggy, if I enable X2, fmv run ok, but speed is decreased, so I like to play with the speed hacks and mess around with it XD.
But could you tell me some games that do not need that much PC or grpahics (like disgaea)
and if grandia III or tales of the abyss will run ok. Thanks!

The X3 speedhack is known to work well only with a couple of games (like Shadow of the Colossus), but breaks most of other ones (or are very laggy as you say).. Use X2 speed hack, and tick all the other ones at the right of the speedhack window, they are mostly stable on all the games I've tried so far.

Grandia III is well emulated, but I'm not sure you will be able to run it at full fps, I also used to have some slowdowns during cinematics for example, and the 3D is quite intense in fight sometimes. But Tales of the Abyss will run fine on your rig I think Wink
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Grandia 3 is very GPU dependent, X3 works well with Suikoden 3 but still for me to get 60fps i need 3Ghz and all speed hack including X3 it pretty much need EE Sync Hack, with 1.5X it still sucks and 2X it still doesn't get full fps. Tales of the Abyss the last time i tryed in 2.33Ghz it was slow in big city's with lots of ppl. So Grandia 3 is pretty playable at 2.33Ghz with ati hd2600 but some non playable and are not video will be so slow you will hate the voice of Alfina.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
mmmm, ok thanks, What about dragon quest? or any other game that runs "fast", like disgaea or FFX