WaitCycles Sync Hack
Indeed, higher cycle sync hacks break all but the fewest of few games. The only games I know of that it helps are games that are conversions from other older platforms, like dreamcast ports and early PS2 releases. Some of those games only use a small fraction of the PS'2s raw power, and spend the rest of their time idling, so they don't mind an X4 or even x5 hack. But then again those games already run plenty fast, so there's not much point to speeding them up more.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

(01-11-2009, 06:49 AM)coisman Wrote: X3 sync hack is already bad enough and seems really unstable and breaks all FMVs. X4 would be a complete disaster.

Actually, i have not had a crash yet due to the x3 and my FMV's run smooth and clear.

Maybe your computer just is not that powerful.

I know you guys said you are not going to do a 4x hack and i understand compleatly why but it would be nice to have the option to get it (maybe something like a disclaimer button to enable it saying "If you use this, it will break thing, do not complain or post about it on the forums" but ya...do what you guys need.
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
Mur, do you know why those hacks are called hacks? Apart from the fact that they are hacks, they're also mainly there for rigs that aren't powerful enough to emulate at full speed without them. If your rig runs your games at full speed without the hacks, you should opt for most accurate emulation and leave the hacks turned off.
P5Q Deluxe | C2Q 9450 @ 3.2GHz | 2 x 2GB Corsair DDR2 @ 1066MHz CL5 | 4870X2 + 4870 | X-Fi Elite Pro
(01-12-2009, 02:37 AM)Mur Wrote: I know you guys said you are not going to do a 4x hack and i understand compleatly why but it would be nice to have the option to get it (maybe something like a disclaimer button to enable it saying "If you use this, it will break thing, do not complain or post about it on the forums" but ya...do what you guys need.

Hmm, we might have to add that disclaimer for the normal *speed*hacks.
Getting too many bug reports with enabled hacks at it is :/
(01-12-2009, 02:02 PM)rama Wrote: Getting too many bug reports with enabled hacks at it is :/

I hope, most of all ppl must enable default Cycle rate before post any bug reports.Glare
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64