Want a frame boost on my game
Hey folks, I want to consult one of my problem here. I have downloaded the PSCX2, in order to play Sly Cooper, The Thivieus Raccoonus, things went well in general, after following the video gudie I managed to play the game succesfully. However, game's fluency is just killing me, everything is so slow, it is not enthuastic to play in this way. Game runs about 30 frames per second, as I know it should be twice as faster. I tried to play with turbo mode but it didn't satisfy me either. I wonder what can I do about it. I'm waiting for your assistance. Thank you Happy

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Upgrade your pc specs.

That is the answer for all of the questions when it comes to PCSX2.
2012-2013
CPU: Overclocked Intel Extreme® Core™i7-3960x @ 4.30GHz
GPU: Dual NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670's OC in SLI
MOBO: ASUS® P9X79 WS PCI-E 3.0 READY
RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3

OLD MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68
OLD GPU: DUAL NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570's In SLI.
OLD CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.80GHz

Lenovo G780
Windows 8 Single Language 64 Bit
Intel Core i5-3210M CPU 2.5 GHz(4 CPUs)
4096 MB Ram
DirectX 11
Intel HD Graphics 4000
1600x900 32 Bit(60 Hz)
Generic PnP Monitor

PSCX2 0.9.8 (r4600)

Just change the PAD settings, made default keys. Didn't touched anything else.
1 - 0.9.8 is old and unsupported. Upgrade to 1.0.0
2 - your CPu may be a bit slow for this demanding game (2.5 ghz won't be enough)
3 - Your biggest problem is your weak GPU.

make sure you're using native res.
Set all recommended speedhacks, ee cycle rate to 1 and vu cycle stealing to 1.
but honestly, don't expect a miracle with this laptop.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Use EE and VU speedhacks. Get a dedicated GPU and not Intel HD (lack of) graphics 4000. MTVU hack should work also.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Try PCSX2 0.9.6, It Gave Me A Huge Speedup!
(04-15-2013, 08:47 PM)CyberiaStyle007 Wrote: Try PCSX2 0.9.6, It Gave Me A Huge Speedup!

I would dis-advise that since anything past version 1.0.0 is no longer supported.
(04-15-2013, 08:47 PM)CyberiaStyle007 Wrote: Try PCSX2 0.9.6, It Gave Me A Huge Speedup!

Not good advice. Most games will run at the same speed or slower (there may be a few exceptions) on older versions. About the only thing that is really faster on the old versions is the SuperVU versus the default MicroVU, options that can be switched in 1.0.0 if you want.

As for your OP's problems... What are your EE, GS, and VU percentages look like when the game is slowing down. If any of those are reaching 90-100% during the slowdowns, then your CPU is the cause. If none of those are hitting high% then it's more likely your graphics slowing you down.

Being a quad CPU, activating MTVU in the speed hacks will help a lot. You can also activate all of the "recommended" speed hacks and likely get pretty playable results as well.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-15-2013, 08:24 PM)MozzaGamer Wrote: Upgrade your pc specs.

That is the answer for all of the questions when it comes to PCSX2.

Not to all. Sometimes is better to continue playing on the actual PS2 till getting a machine able to keep up to it's emulation.

Sometimes may be something else than attempts to run the emulator on sub minimal requirement machines and then the answer depend on the actual problem.
Imagination is where we are truly real