Want specific settings suggestion according to my PC Specs
Hi, I've tried to configure PCSX2 many a time myself and it seems I do something wrong every time in the process. So I'm looking for a full settings suggestion from someone who actually knows exactly what they're configuring.

My PC Specs:
M/B: MSI P45-8D Memory Lover
RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066MHz
CPU: Intel Q9550 Quad-Core Processor
Graphics: EVGA GTX 285 Classified
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you in advance, and if there's any other information I might have forgotten or might be needed for configuring the settings, just let me know.

Sponsored links

what are you done exactly?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
theres is no specific settings, it all depends on your hardware and game you're trying to play...

If you have problems with your games, you should post your settings here as said in jesalvein's post...
So there aren't decent global settings that work for all games? =/ that's what I was aiming for. I'm using 0.9.8
EDIT: Using ISO files. I have the discs but burnt images onto my computer because I figured it would run better, am I wrong? should I use the discs instead?
nope, Isos should works better as it decrease the loading times significantly, still don't have effect on FPS though...

Default PCSX2 settings works with majority of games...

You may need to tweak some settings ONLY if you got issues with you games...
don't forget to clean your disc too before making an iso

scratches = bad iso
Simple settings that should work for all games? Sure :

Go the emulator settings and enable presets. Higher settings are faster but have more compatibility issues. I recommend Preset 2 (safe, faster).

In the speedhacks tab, enable MTVU, because you have a quad core. If you encounter hanging in any game (it'll happen right away usually), then disable it.

Check your plugins. Make sure that you're using the latest version of SSE that you have. If AVX is available, use that.

Go to your video plugin and choose GSDX11 (Software Mode). You can use Hardware Mode if you want, because that is MUCH better for quality. You can only play in HD using Hardware Mode. HOWEVER it is NOT compatible in some games. If you run into trouble, the first thing you should do is press F9 in-game to see if software mode does a better job.

In the software mode setting, set the extra rendering threads to 1 (try others if you like. The best setting for you depends on your processor. But you're using 3 cores already I believe, so 1 more should be making use of your quad).

If you use hardware mode, just use custom resolution and set it to your native res.

Make sure Automatic game fixes are enabled.

In the GS Window tab, set the aspect ratio to fit to screen.

These settings should work with just about anything. Your FPS will depend on your system though. These are not high quality settings though. These are the most compatible with a big performance boost, mostly.