Was wondering if there is more or less compatibility between NTSC vs PAL
Was wondering if PCSX2 is more or less compatibility with games from NTSC or PAL. Does it happen often that some NTSC games work but not the PAL version ? Is there any cons in using PAL games instead of NTSC versions ? I guess I should include Japanese versions games too, more or less compatible ? thanks

Sponsored links

No precise details, some PAL versions work when NTSC ones don't some NTSC ones work when PAL doesn't. it's a tossup
(08-15-2013, 02:11 AM)Scott111 Wrote: Was wondering if PCSX2 is more or less compatibility with games from NTSC or PAL. Does it happen often that some NTSC games work but not the PAL version ? Is there any cons in using PAL games instead of NTSC versions ? I guess I should include Japanese versions games too, more or less compatible ? thanks

In the vast majority of cases there is no difference in compatibility. That said, NTSC versions are generally considered better for emulation due to higher frame rates (internal resolution doesn't matter much since most people scale the resolution well above the default).

On top of that, many ports to Europe weren't properly optimized, so not only are the games running at 50hz instead of 60hz, the game itself is actually about 15% slower.
[Image: 2748844.png]
@thread author - probablity depends in this case were ntsc work or pal one not :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
PAL games used to be a little more problematic on PCSX2 but this is fixed now.
As Koji said though, NTSC games still run better on todays computers because their 60FPS update rate
is the same as a common tft display.