Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watercooling and Aircooling ?
It looks like I'm a bit late .. or should i say very late, sorry. But first what is watercooling ? how does it work? simple explanation is appreciated cause when i read wiki i seems to be confused a lot.

And which one is better ? watercooling or aircooling ? ( i have a feeling that would be watercooling since it used water to cool down, the same goes for fire versus water,lol)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G

Sponsored links

Watercooling is better than aircooling but more expensive... How does watercooling really works? No idea... Tongue
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(05-20-2010, 04:55 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: Watercooling is better than aircooling but more expensive... How does watercooling really works? No idea... Tongue

Well i'm thinking that watercooling means a fan that burst out water Tongue so it means that our hardwares are wet because of the water. xD
Sorry, because i've no idea how does watercooling work. Tongue
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
In short, you have a tank of water, which gets cooled by a normal air cooler. You also have a water pump, that pumps the water to your processor, GPU etc via some tubes. The water circulates to your PC components, cools them, then returns back to the tank to get cooled itself and continue the cycle.
So it looks like this: http://img407.imageshack.us/i/img3226ff9.jpg Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
And explained a different way:

Water has a much higher thermal transfer rate than air. Cool water pulls heat off an object much faster than cool air will, and warm water will release heat into cool air with high efficiency as well. Both forms of cooling still depend on high quality metal contacts (usually copper or a copper alloy) to act as a conductor between components (cpu and gpu dies, etc). In the case of air, the conductor fans out into the airways. In the case of water, it's a go-between to moving fluid.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Water cooling may not be always better, there are pre-built water coolers don't work as well as some other high end air coolers, and the effective ones ususally require big bucks(making your own also quite costy). However, water cooling is affected less by ambient temperature, you don' t need to deal with dust as much and usually it is not as loud. I think these advantages make up with the efficiency compare those high end air coolers.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Watercooling is better in the sense that it will keep your components cooler. An issue though, aside from the expense, is it requires more effort than air.

Your components are not supposed to get wet! If you've got a leak, then you have a problem. By the way, I seem to recall a boutique PC builder selling systems that are liquid-submerged. No, it's not the ghetto cooking oil one by Tom's. Smile
^ Leaking is only one.
Another one is air bubbles. It's a sign that the pump is not pumping fast enough and the water starts to boil inside the tubes. Normally, you would notice the high temps, but not always. The bubbles can also mess up the pump pretty badly.

All in all, water cooling is better and more expensive than air, but it is also very high maintenance.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Wait a sec, guys. I just want to know first how does watercooler really work ? Cause i don't get all of this. But I've seen the image about watercooling. It got some tubes to pump out water. but how does it work ? Does it spill out waters to all of the Motherboard components, such as GPU and CPU ? if yes, sure our motherboard and the other components that connected with it (GPU,CPU,HDD) will get damaged because of the wet that the water gave
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
its not that hard you know....
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&sourc...li&gs_rfai=
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest