Wats the minimum requirement to run 1080p at 60fps?
(01-18-2012, 06:31 PM)RampageIX Wrote: FF X-2/Persona4/FFX ?

OMG.. Really...!?

If those are the games you're concerned with, you've definitely been recommended overkill for them...

What kind of advice is that. abdo123?

"I wanna play FFX, FFX-2 and P4."
"You're going to need the newest, fastest and best hardware (that's not even yet available)."

This was a thread about "minimum requirements", right?
Why the hell did you jump to such length...?

The truth is that those games would not even require the greatest harware out now. Any Sand Bridge at 3Ghz+ would run them just fine. And running at 1080p internal res would be handled fine by most any modern GTX card from nVidia. Even a GTS 450 could about pull it off. There isn't always a need to OC everything.

But, if you have plenty of money, and are fine with waiting, the next generation of hardware is obviously going to be better than the current. Just doesn't seem like you should bother asking "What's the minimum" though.... Tongue

Sponsored links

(01-18-2012, 07:35 PM)Rezard Wrote: OMG.. Really...!?

If those are the games you're concerned with, you've definitely been recommended overkill for them...

What kind of advice is that. abdo123?

"I wanna play FFX, FFX-2 and P4."
"You're going to need the newest, fastest and best hardware (that's not even yet available)."

This was a thread about "minimum requirements", right?
Why the hell did you jump to such length...?

The truth is that those games would not even require the greatest harware out now. Any Sand Bridge at 3Ghz+ would run them just fine. And running at 1080p internal res would be handled fine by most any modern GTX card from nVidia. Even a GTS 450 could about pull it off. There isn't always a need to OC everything.

But, if you have plenty of money, and are fine with waiting, the next generation of hardware is obviously going to be better than the current. Just doesn't seem like you should bother asking "What's the minimum" though.... Tongue

I have a motto in life :

if you are gonna upgrade aim for the best Laugh

and PCSX2 isn't everything ( keep that in mind Wink )

i am not going to use this divine emulator in every precious second of my life Tongue

and if you want to upgrade and a new generation is a couple of month away buying something now i think it will be "TOTAL RIP OFF"

at least wait for the next generation to come so the old one's prices go down or buy the new one

and GTS 450 isn't exactly an upgrade Tongue

in a matter of fact i don't know why you are so pissed it is only for a better cause both way Huh

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: I have a motto in life :

if you are gonna upgrade aim for the best Laugh

Right.
How does that kind of motto belonging in a thread about "the minimum" seem spot-on to you? Tongue

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: and PCSX2 isn't everything ( keep that in mind Wink )

i am not going to use this divine emulator in every precious second of my life Tongue

That seems a funny thing to say when this thread is specifically about PCSX2 emulation... OP didn't ask about anything else, did he?

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: and if you want to upgrade and a new generation is a couple of month away buying something now i think it will be "TOTAL RIP OFF"

I wouldn't quite go as far to say that.
Being talked into buying more than you need seems a bigger rip-off.
(or just buying a Bulldozer)

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: at least wait for the next generation to come so the old one's prices go down or buy the new one

There's a good concept, though. Wink

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: and GTS 450 isn't exactly an upgrade Tongue

Now you've lost me again...
How could you even say a GTS 450 isn't exactly an upgrade from an 8400GS...!?!?

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: in a matter of fact i don't know why you are so pissed it is only for a better cause both way Huh

lol
Not "pissed", abdo123, just saw something I thought was perposterous, and felt like speaking out.
(Did I use an angry face somewhere by accident or something...?)
(01-18-2012, 10:22 PM)Rezard Wrote: I wouldn't quite go as far to say that.
Being talked into buying more than you need seems a bigger rip-off.
(or just buying a Bulldozer)

it is never more than what you need you can run it 1080p now you want x2 native you can run x2 native you want x3 native it is the human nature Sad
he is greed Rolleyes
( ability here means running @ 60 FPS Wink )

(01-18-2012, 10:22 PM)Rezard Wrote: Right.
How does that kind of motto belonging in a thread about "the minimum" seem spot-on to you? Tongue

if you checked every post i made i didn't ask him to buy the most expensive and the strongest hardware just the newest and that totally different

and i meant by

(01-18-2012, 09:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: and GTS 450 isn't exactly an upgrade Tongue

buying something about 3 years old isn't exactly an upgrade
Quote:buying something about 3 years old isn't exactly an upgrade
Upgrade: verb raise to a higher standard or rank
Even if it was 10 years old, if it is better than his current hardware (and that is MUCH better than a 8400GS) it is the definition of an upgrade.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-18-2012, 11:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Upgrade: verb raise to a higher standard or rank
Even if it was 10 years old, if it is better than his current hardware (and that is MUCH better than a 8400GS) it is the definition of an upgrade.

i got the point Tongue

what i really mean that it is just isn't appropriate Sad

in my language it is like : "we didn't eat the whole day and eventually we had an onion" Tongue
Gtx 550 Ti
Intel Pentium E2200 @ 2.7Ghz (Stock)
ECS G31-M7
XFX 8400GS @ 720,535,1760Mhz (Stock)
Persona 4 played fine on my pentium d 805 dual core and a gt 240, other than the glitchy mobs, some mobs with shiny surfaces made my fps. nosedive not sure if a better videocard will fix this or not, I think its a emulator issue.
GeForce GT 240 is already pretty good. Assuming you were not pushing the res, or stuck with native.

Most likely was your CPU, since the old 90nm dual core were not that fast (even @ 2.66Ghz).

(01-19-2012, 09:59 AM)RampageIX Wrote: Gtx 550 Ti

That's a very good card.
Would handle PCSX2 no problem, even with up-scaling.
Definitely better than a GTS 450, as well. Smile
GTX550 Ti vs GTX560 vs GTX560 Ti ?
Which is best considering TDP ?
Intel Pentium E2200 @ 2.7Ghz (Stock)
ECS G31-M7
XFX 8400GS @ 720,535,1760Mhz (Stock)