Way of the Samurai slowdown
Thanks guys for the quick and informative responses! Im going to try out all the suggestions you guys posted and write up what happens.

Its weird though considering this is an older game and its one of the very few that I haven't been able to run.

Yea, during the first fight scene when I would try native or 3x the slowdown was there. I'll try again when I get the chance and experiment with different settings.

Sponsored links

Sometimes the older games (in the first year or two) are actually harder to emulate because they aren't properly optimized for the system. They often do things they aren't "supposed" to do, but work within the confines of the system.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-28-2013, 10:15 AM)Preet Wrote: Use official build with gs plugin extracted from latest svn
use direct3d9 or direct3d11 (if u'r gpu support it )
direct3d10 works great with fighting games i have tested
e.g Tekken series,Wwe series,maybe dragon ball z also
tick enable hw hacks-skipdraw=1
@ 1 not a big deal & give u speed
use highest set of instruction
e.g sse41 for hardware,avx for software
ticked-unticked allow 8 bit textures ?
Tried speedhacks different combinations ?
E.g ee to 2,vu to 2,ee to 0,vu to 2

this is all i can think of now Wink

So I downloaded the 1.0.0 and added in the latest GPU plugin to the emulator. Its seemed to have made the game have a lot less slow down. My GS ranges from 90-95% instead of 100 and my EE around 80-85%.

Im going to keep tinkering to see but so far this has really helped.
Im using 3x native with Direct 10 Hardware, skipdraw at 1 and 8 bit unticked.

I still get some drop like maybe 54-50 frames but its only for a second or two, nothing major. This is very much more playable than before.
Thanks Koji, preet, and the rest of you guys for your help.