Way to dump PS2-Bios without needing to buy any hardware/SwapMagic?
Hi,
I have a fat PlayStation 2 and I need a way to dump the BIOS from my PS2 withouting having to buy any additional hardware. I don't have my hards on a PS2 Network Adaptor. I'm not afraid to open up my PS2 (infact it's lying on my floor open right now) to proke/prod anything that I need to proke/prod to get this to work.

What I need to do this is a way to be able to load up homebrew software without modifying the hardware for my PS2. I've seen guides on softmodding around, but they all require the use of either a PS2 Network Adaptor and/or a Codebreaker disk and/or HD Loader. I don't want to have to buy anything like SwapMagic or Codebreaker, and HD Loader requires the use of the PS2 Network Adaptor to be able to connect hard drives.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

I think you can run the bios dumper by USB using ulaunchelf but I'm not really sure about it and you would still need a compatible USB flash memory I guess.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Get someone who has a homebrew enabled ps2 to create a memory card exploit for you.
You'll basically need a psx disc, the friend with homebrew ps2, and the needed files (all free).
Watch the video tutorial under the projects page on www.gaming-overhaul.webs.com the most you could end up spending is $5. All you need is a computer that can burn dvds, a blank dvd, a fat ps2, a usb storage device, a 8 or 16 Mb Sony memory card, and a compatible ps2 game (explained in tutorial). Most people have these things so its the best method i know of and worth the possible $5 cost of buying a ps2 game that works with the method
Check the dates, this thread is well over a year and a half old. You aren't contributing anything.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Brandon: Don't resurrect old threads from like 2 years ago, especially just to advertise your website. You have been warned, advertise again and i will ban you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]