Way to make single ISO shortcut open with Pcsx2?
Okay this is what I'm trying to do:
I have an PS2 ISO in my Pcsx2 folder. I send a shortcut of that ISO to the desktop, I change the icon and now it's just sitting there.

My question is: can I make *only* that ISO open with Pcsx2?
I know there's something like "Open with..." and then "Always open this file format with this program" or whatever. But that affects ALL ISOs.

I was thinking of something like (Desktop Shortcut)>Properties> and then add something to the target to make it automatically open with Pcsx2. So I could just double-click the shortcut and it'd open with Pcsx2 by itself.

Again, I don't want any other ISOs affected besides this one.
Not really a big deal if it can't be done, but it'd be cool. Wink

Thanks!

Sponsored links

I'd love to know this. If I knew the first thing about plugin development I'd be trying it.
Well it seems that the pcsx2 executable has some kind of argument support, but I am not sure of the format or what it accepts. It seems like this would be quite possible, but you would need to speak with a dev.
I think what you want is a shortcut to PCSX2 that automatically opens that ISO file? If so, make a shortcut to PCSX2 and then right click and go to Properties, then in the Target box put:
"X:\PCSX2\PCSX2.exe" "X:\Legal ISO Backup\Kingdom Hearts\KH.iso" -bootmode 1

The brackets are needed just so you know, and obviously your file paths and file names would be different.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Thank you very much Larfin, now I ask, can you make it load a certain save state?

Also, what is bootmode 1 for?
I'm not sure if you can make it load a save state automatically, you'll have to find out the command lines that PCSX2 can use or wait for a dev to answer that.

Apparently the "-bootmode 1" makes the emulator skip the BIOS and run the game, which means it automatically selects "File > Run CD/DVD".
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Awesome! Works perfectly.
Thanks, Larfin!
(07-20-2009, 07:11 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: I'm not sure if you can make it load a save state automatically, you'll have to find out the command lines that PCSX2 can use or wait for a dev to answer that.

Apparently the "-bootmode 1" makes the emulator skip the BIOS and run the game, which means it automatically selects "File > Run CD/DVD".

yeah was experimenting and just now figured out what bootmode 1 did. Guess I'll have to mess around a bit and see what I find.