We Love Katamari Slowdown/Crashing
Now, I was running 0.9.8 before, because I well, hadn't updated for quite sometime. I was crashing on that version, but it is no longer crashing.
However, from what I hear, the game isn't all so source consuming and should run smoothly, and I'm having some bad slowdown.
Now, I also haven't messed around with any settings, it's all default as I downloaded the latest version (1.3.1)
Here are my specs:
[Image: 2f93065cc5.png]
Just wondering what the best settings for this game are (and my specs) for minimal slowdown. It seems when I'm facing towards places with lots of objects it tends to happen.

Sponsored links

CPU is really too weak. Older versions were less demanding.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-20-2015, 04:26 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: CPU is really too weak. Older versions were less demanding.

What?
How can an older version of a piece of software be less demanding?
Do you not optimize software as you update it?
(03-20-2015, 04:43 AM)Fayde Wrote: What?
How can an older version of a piece of software be less demanding?
Do you not optimize software as you update it?

Rather, the later the version of PCSX2, the more accurate it is. Accuracy comes at the cost of speed, and hence later versions are more demanding.

E.g.

0.9.8: Not very accurate. Lots of things not done/emulated. Some things emulated in hackish way. Fast.

1.3.1: A lot more accurate. Most things done/emulated. Not many hacks left. Slow.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
yeah, as emulation accuracy increases, more power is required to run a game at the same speed.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
But, that's not what settings are for right?
There has to be some sort of combination of settings to help the slowdown at least.
As I said, I was getting slowdown with untouched settings.
Well you can turn the EE cycle rate speedhack to 3. MTVU would normally help but you've only a dual core so it won't. So cycle hack is about all there is to try. Or use older version.
(03-20-2015, 04:55 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well you can turn the EE cycle rate speedhack to 3. MTVU would normally help but you've only a dual core so it won't. So cycle hack is about all there is to try. Or use older version.

And what version would be optimal, and where could I find it?
Can't tell you which for certain, you'll have to experiment. All useful versions can be found:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program
Here is a wide range of selections to Experiment on. but, you won't get support for the versions older than 1.2.1
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction