We are abandoning VM
Oh, well... vtlb sounds more hardcore anyhow.

Sponsored links

Good I will try it out and give some comparisions when I have time. Already pre rev 650 vTLB has gotten faster than it originally was and is usually for me only slightly behind VM build performance wise so I'm pretty confident any minor speedups should take it to VM levels.
Intel Core i7-860 @ 4.0 GHz | G.Skill 2x2GB @ DDR3-2290 9-10-9-24 | GTX 460 1GB @ 880/1760/2000 MHz | Windows 7 x64 Professional
yea its kinda sad but ill miss VM now i ahve to get used to clicking the vtlb exe's Tongue
(01-28-2009, 01:09 PM)dralor Wrote: That's a bummer I liked the vm version. I understand coding complexities and keeping one line of code is easier then 2 or 3 or more.. But it's still a bit of a bummer that vm is the one getting cut and not vtlb.

You must be kidding right ?? Cutting Vtlb out means cutting Pcsx2 playground out. All the significative changes are in Vtlb code structure.
(01-28-2009, 01:44 PM)grimlord Wrote: If vtlb does not surpass vm version by speed, really soon, I will be really disappointed. :/

They obviously have a good reason to abandon VM........ Of course it will be faster... In some games it already is.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

I also support the move.Keep up the good work guys
(01-29-2009, 01:00 AM)Sasuke Wrote: Oh, well... vtlb sounds more hardcore anyhow.

Haha, vtlb sounds hardcore???

What should we call it should there be a vmtlb few years down the road, super hardcore or extreme hardcore??? Biggrin
CPU : Intel Core i5 750 | GFX : GeForce GTS 250 1GB | Sound : Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
RAM : Kingsston 4 GB DDR3 | Casing : CM HAF 922 | OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
If this possible we hope, can playground team release last VM version with Vu Add/sub hack gamefixes option and new fixed memorycard like svn.636, please?? Or minimal with new fixed memorycard. I am totally blind with compile.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I think it's hard to fix all bugs in VM version, we'd better use all the time to develop only 1 version
Yeah,i think 1 version is enough.The Vtlb version will be better than VM soon Biggrin
I read the technical difference between VM and VTLB ("Virtual Memory" post), and after reading what's on the blog, plus what you people write on the SVN, I definitely agree with you on leaving the VM version behind. I lost like 16+ FPS in Final Fantasy XII on revisions prior v600 (using VTLB, of course), but I didn't really mind back then. It wasn't THAT bad anyways, because I always had like 40+ FPS.

I haven't checked these latest revisions, but I'm pretty sure that, if you say you've optimized them, I won't have any excuse not to play it now.

Thank you, PCSX2 Playground team, you've made my PS2 emulation entertainment, a much better and enjoyable experience.

Keep it up!
To be human is to know the fear of death, yet keep on fighting.