Website screenshots entry thread
(10-02-2012, 07:57 PM)Laraul Wrote: You are missing the character shadows. Just use the software rendering. Hardware rendering with DQVIII has a several issues.

but that way it isnt hd thus not really good to promote pcsx2 now does it? Tongue

Sponsored links

(10-02-2012, 07:59 PM)warWeeny Wrote: but that way it isnt hd thus not really good to promote pcsx2 now does it? Tongue

It's also not "HD" everytime it cuts to in game cinematic that's pre-rendered. These are normally indistinguishable from the rest of the game. But they stick out like a sore thumb when you have the game set to run at a higher resolution than intended. And if it can't draw shadows what else isn't it drawing?
Just shadows. GSdx has shadows issues in most games.
Quote:It's also not "HD" everytime it cuts to in game cinematic that's pre-rendered. These are normally indistinguishable from the rest of the game. But they stick out like a sore thumb when you have the game set to run at a higher resolution than intended

So uh because the cutscenes are pre-rendered and look like crap, you prefer playing the whole game looking crap so they don't make a visible difference now and then? That's...weird Tongue

It's a matter of preference really, but as warweeny said, no point promoting PCSX2 with screenshots from software rendering Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-02-2012, 09:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: Just shadows. GSdx has shadows issues in most games.

So uh because the cutscenes are pre-rendered and look like crap, you prefer playing the whole game looking crap so they don't make a visible difference now and then? That's...weird Tongue

It's a matter of preference really, but as warweeny said, no point promoting PCSX2 with screenshots from software rendering Tongue

to each their own, right? Tongue
(10-02-2012, 09:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: Just shadows. GSdx has shadows issues in most games.

I'll put it too you this way... I think it looks worse without the shadows and in "HD" than with the shadows in "SD". I just would want the game too look the way the artists (aka the development team) intended. Maybe you should play thru the entire game first on a PS2. Then again using PSCX2. And tell me which you enjoyed better. Smile

I don't use PSCX2 for when I want to play PS2 games. I use my ancient 60GB PS3. Does this game look better with it's screen smoothing? Well I'll just say it has shadows. Smile
I don't even notice shadows missing in most games, but I do notice the huge pixelation on everything. Still I know other people who just can't bear not having shadows so as I said before, just a matter of preference.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
most games do have shadows tho, look at kingdom hearts eries or final fantasy 10 / 10-2 they have excelent shadows

just depents on the game really.
Go to the GSdx hacks section and set skipdraw to 1. This should bring the shadows back, iirc.
And yea, the game hugely benefits from upscaling. Playing it in SD is such a waste Tongue2
(10-03-2012, 01:24 AM)rama Wrote: Go to the GSdx hacks section and set skipdraw to 1. This should bring the shadows back, iirc.
And yea, the game hugely benefits from upscaling. Playing it in SD is such a waste Tongue2

depending on what game you were talking about but i have been fidling with the settings but i cant seem to return the shadows in dq8 unless i go software mode... (skipdraw 1-10 even tried alpha hack but no avail)
It works on my Nvidia card but we know it may not work on some configurations. The destination alpha stuff is a bit random..