Weird Issue With Psychonauts Glow Effects?
I'm not sure how to explain this except that the glow effects of everything in the game, including on the opening game screen (the brain), minus what's in the cut scenes, seems to glow through everything, even objects that should definitely be solid. The effect of the glow going through stuff is reduced a bit if I turn off the native resolution, but that offsets it significantly and makes the game almost dizzying to play.

Has this happened before to someone? What are the recommended settings for this game?

I'm not a very technical savvy person, so I'm not good at figuring these things out. I fixed an audio delay I was having by just reading the tool tips and turning things off that might have effected it. I just want to set this game up so my kid can play it, and right now, she can't because the game is pretty like looking at a light bulb. I'm proud of myself for figuring out how to set up Shadow of the Colossus without help (even though the bloom is still pretty crazy), but this game is really stumping me...
Oh, I should add that I have a AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, 4.00 GB of Ram, and am on Windows 7 64-bit. I'm trying to run the game from a disc image, and I'm using 1.2.1 PCSX2; Is that the right version I should be on?
I figured out how to fix it thanks to another forum post you guys had!
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Hack-G-U-Ghosting-effect

I never though to look for "ghosting effect" instead of "weird glow thing".

I guess you can close this thread or something! I was afraid I would have to go through the trouble of making another disc image! Even though no one helped me specifically, you guys are super helpful to the people you have helped!

Sponsored links