Weird Issue
First of all, hello everyone, I'm new to the forums.

I just started using PCSX2 a while ago and I have a little issue, it's no big deal, but whatever game I run, frame and music is choppy, like a very short lag.

I play mostly RPG games: Xenosaga, Final Fantasy X, XII, Atelier Iris, Suikoden and my fps is always 58-60

I'm using GSDX AVX with Direct3d11 set on hardware. 6x Scaling, Texture Filtering and Allow 8-bit, Intercaling: Auto

Here's my specs:
[Image: laptopspecs.png]

Sponsored links

gsdx AVX will be useful in software mode only.
better decrease internal res to 3x. You won't see much difference.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, I wanted to use hardware because it allows the use of scaling, it makes the GFX look better.
Which driver plugin would you suggest me if I want to stay in hardware mode?
I think you missunderstood Jes. The plugin you are using with AVX will work fine in hardware mode (exactly the same as the SSE4 version in fact), but if you were to change to Software mode, GSDX would start using its AVX code.

Anyway, technicalities aside, as Jes said, lowering the scaling for 6x to 3x will probably help your speed a lot with little noticable quality decrease (you can press Page Up to enable FXAA which will clean it up a bit if you like).

Xenosaga games are especially intensive on the graphics card, so its a good idea not to go mental with it ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok! thank you so much for your help!