Weird Sudden OpenGL Incompatibility
Hey so, I've generally had no problems at all getting PCSX2 to work my system for years now, whatsoever. I've recently run into a bug, probably within my hardware than your code, and was just hoping it sounded familiar at all and there was some known fix to it, as running a Google search has helped me none.

A month ago or two I could run PCSX2 with GSdx-OGL just fine, whether on Windows 8.1 or Ubuntu 15.04 on the same system.
RAM: 6029 MB
CPU:  Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Vendor/Model: GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed: 2.591 GHz (4 logical threads)

I tried running PCSX2 again today for the first time in months, and the DirectX9/11 plugin options work fine, but I received a crash every time I would try OpenGL instead, and received this output in the console:
Code:
Current Renderer: OpenGL(Hardware mode)
    Opening SPU2
3.x GL context successfully created
Failed to find glCopyImageSubData
Failed to find glInvalidateTexImage
Failed to find glClearTexImage
Failed to find glCreateTextures
Failed to find glTextureStorage2D
Failed to find glTextureSubImage2D
Failed to find glCopyTextureSubImage2D
Failed to find glBindTextureUnit
Failed to find glGetTextureImage
Failed to find glTextureParameteri
Failed to find glCreateFramebuffers
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferfv
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferuiv
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferiv
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferTexture
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferDrawBuffers
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferReadBuffer
Failed to find glCheckNamedFramebufferStatus
Failed to find glCreateBuffers
Failed to find glNamedBufferStorage
Failed to find glNamedBufferData
Failed to find glNamedBufferSubData
Failed to find glMapNamedBuffer
Failed to find glMapNamedBufferRange
Failed to find glUnmapNamedBuffer
Failed to find glFlushMappedNamedBufferRange
Failed to find glCreateSamplers
Failed to find glCreateProgramPipelines
Failed to find glClipControl
Failed to find glTextureBarrier
DSA is not supported. Replacing the GL function pointer to emulate it
OpenGL information. GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Vendor: Intel. Driver: - Build 10.18.10.3958

I rebooted my system and uninstalled that version of PCSX2 and tried the most recent revision, (1.3.1-20150816181234) with the same result, only this time gracefully telling me:
"GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."

I tried updating what I could with my display adapter and that didn't change anything. Before updating PCSX2, one line in the console I believe said "Buggy driver detected."

Now, during the month or two I haven't touched PCSX2, I've been developing my own applications with OpenGL (3.3); coooooooooouuld that possibly be part of the issue? I'm not a beginner with OpenGL though I'm not quite advanced, and have been slacking on glDeleteProgram() and glDeleteTexture() and related calls, and have really messy shaders that accidentally produce texture flickering on my own applications, and don't know if that could cause issues down the line. Beyond that, this is all I know. Does anything raise a red flag right away? Tongue

Forgot to add; OpenGL rendering works just fine even now in my own application and in Dolphin, and I'd figure more than that; it's just the GSdx plugin I'm having issues with for some reason... I don't really recognize those gl Functions.

Sponsored links

Well for starters you're using an ancient driver on your Intel 4000 series card, i would suggest updating it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...8-1-64-bit although this won't totally fix it as intel only supports OpenGL 4.0, where we need 4.5.

Do you have a discrete graphics card like an AMD or Nvidia GPU which it has suddenly stopped using?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2015, 01:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Well for starters you're using an ancient driver on your Intel 4000 series card, i would suggest updating it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...8-1-64-bit  although this won't totally fix it as intel only supports OpenGL 4.0, where we need 4.5.

Do you have a discrete graphics card like an AMD or Nvidia GPU which it has suddenly stopped using?

I think I rolled back my driver a while back because of other issues I was having, but I'll look into updating it.

To my knowledge, I have no such thing; no mark of AMD or Nvidia anywhere; running dxdiag just says that it's of the Intel HD Graphics Family. It's a laptop, so I'm fairly sure it has nothing beyond that.
It's probably due to your driver rollback then I would imagine. Try using the newer driver, hopefully the issues you were having are gone now Smile

(08-17-2015, 01:30 AM)refraction Wrote: It's probably due to your driver rollback then I would imagine. Try using the newer driver, hopefully the issues you were having are gone now Smile

The driver rollback was sometime in 2014 as far as I remember, while I was playing in OpenGL mode just fine two months ago. Tongue2 I forgot to specify that, my apologies.
Hmm, it's possible the requirements went up recently, after all our OpenGL side of the plugin is heavily in development at the moment so it's possible more of the newer OGL functions got implemented which of course are incompatible with your card/driver

(08-17-2015, 01:46 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm, it's possible the requirements went up recently, after all our OpenGL side of the plugin is heavily in development at the moment so it's possible more of the newer OGL functions got implemented which of course are incompatible with your card/driver

Yeah, I don't think Intel HD supports OGL 4.5
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-17-2015, 01:46 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm, it's possible the requirements went up recently, after all our OpenGL side of the plugin is heavily in development at the moment so it's possible more of the newer OGL functions got implemented which of course are incompatible with your card/driver

Possibly, one source I found claimed those gl*() functions shown in the console are largely more recent ones (post-3.3), but, could've been misinterpreting.

But then how did I have no issue playing with OpenGL for months before this? I was using a revision two months ago when it worked, even in linux, but used that same revision again earlier today and everything crashed. I haven't touched PCSX2 before and after; I'm genuinely curious if I somehow broke the hardware, so to speak, in some way through noob-ish OpenGL programming on my end since that's all I can think of that could have happened between then and now...
not sure to be honest! does OpenGL have any sort of options to emulate older versions or some freaky debug modes which don't play well with PCSX2? Beyond a driver issue, I really fail to understand what could be causing the problem with the older revision, providing you replaced the newer gsdx as well as the PCSX2 executable.

Well, that's awkward. Tried a 1.0.0 build of PCSX2 on Windows, then a 1.2.1 build, then a 1.3.1 build, and none of them seem to work with OpenGL given their respective GSdx plugins. Same error/crash. I can't really think of anything I could have activated or done in OpenGL besides if the glDelete*() functions I didn't use caused some kind of GPU memory issue or something.

Switching over to my Ubuntu 15.04 OS using the 1.3.1 build I had on there from months ago, everything plays fine, beautifully (obviously with OpenGL).

I don't even know. Guess I'll just use the DirectX options until I get a new desktop since this laptop's a few years old now. Sorry for the bother.