Weird aspect ratio when taking screenshots
I'm currently playing FF XII and God Hand on PCSX 9.8, since both are perfectly playable thanks to you guys. Smile

I'm using the GSdx SSE2 r4600 video plugin (with Direct3D 11 renderer) and my problem is that when I take screenshots by pressing F8, in case of some games, such as God Hand or God of War, the aspect ratio of the pictures is messed up. I'm playing God Hand with 2x scale (above that it gets quite slow for some mysterious reason), which means that the resolution is 1024 x 848, but the resolution of my screenshots is 848 x 1024. Why is that?
It's not a serious problem, mind you, I'm just curious. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known issue?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS EAH5770 CUcore (ATI Radeon 5700 HD series, 1 GB), Windows 7 x64.

Sponsored links

Is you'r monitor widescreen? And what settings for aspect ratio is put in GS window ?
(06-26-2011, 02:07 PM)Game Wrote: Is you'r monitor widescreen? And what settings for aspect ratio is put in GS window ?
No, I have a CRT monitor, so I'm playing everything in standard 4:3 aspect ratio and that's also the set ratio in my GS window.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS EAH5770 CUcore (ATI Radeon 5700 HD series, 1 GB), Windows 7 x64.
It's the same in me. :0
Maybe x&y are set opposite with scale x2, try putting your monitor on a side to fix it ;X... Or try setting res for custom instead of multiply of native, works better for screenshots at least for me(true through I don't have GoW:3).
Yes,that works.

@siklara: Put resolution to : 1024*768 or 1362*1024 or 1600*1200 or other 4:3 resolution.
Thanks for the help, the only problem is that the custom resolution totally breaks the graphics for me. I tried setting it first to 1024 x 768, then to 1024 x 848 and God hand now looks like a mess.
However, if it worked for you, that means that the error is not with the emulator, it just probably doesn't like my video card or something. Laugh

EDIT: okay, now I realized that sometimes the screenshots are normal and sometimes they're messed up, it seems to be pretty random and I only have this weird problem with a few games, such as Valkyrie Profile 2 or the above mentioned two.
No.It means some games don't work well with custom resolution. Because PS2 games are being made for PS2 resolution. So changing aspects or incresing resolution might not look good in some games. In final fantasy series there is no such problem.
(06-26-2011, 04:49 PM)Game Wrote: No.It means some games don't work well with custom resolution. Because PS2 games are being made for PS2 resolution. So changing aspects or incresing resolution might not look good in some games. In final fantasy series there is no such problem.
I see, now that you mention it, Final Fantasy XII always looked beautiful for me no matter what resolution I used and the screenshots were fine as well. Thanks again! : )