Weird bug with Kingdom Hearts 1
Hi guys. First post on the forums and I'd just like to say that this emulator is fantastic and I love it so very much. However...I have a problem when trying to play KH1 off my own PS2 disc. When I start up the game the usual way everything is fine and dandy, start a new game and then the entire game slows down. Audio starts going weird and everything is slow. Pressing TAB doesn't fix it. I have no speed hacks on.

As the game goes into the opening cinematic, this happens: http://i.imgur.com/HTmq0.jpg - As you should be able to make out that's the opening cinematic with the background of the main menu bleeding into it. The game is really choppy, sound is weird and you can barely understand any dialogue in the cinematic. Kingdom Hearts 2 runs fine off my original PS2 disc.

Version: 0.9.8
GS: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse4-r4600] (D3D11, 1920X1080, Texture Filtering ticked)
PAD: Lilypad svn (r4510) 0.10.0 [lilypad-r4600] (Using PS3 controller with libusb)
SPU2: SPU2-X r4600m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r4600] (Catmull-rom, 1x reverb, xaudio 2, 50ms, time stretch, stereo)
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r4510) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]

Region: PAL (Europe/Australia)

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.1ghz
GPU: AMD HD6970 @ 910/1450
RAM: 4gb DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
MoBo: Asus p8p67-m pro

Thanks for any help you guys can give me =)

Sponsored links

Try making an iso from ur disc using imgburn or alcohol, works better that using ur original disc, o/
(10-05-2011, 10:58 PM)ecchiless Wrote: Try making an iso from ur disc using imgburn or alcohol, works better that using ur original disc, o/

Will MagicISO work for this? I'm capped at the moment (internet slowed to 64kbps, crap Australian thing) so it's annoying to try and download anything. Bu yeah, I suppose I'll give that a try then.

EDIT: Making an ISO now, hopefully it works =/
EDIT 2: Ok. It half worked. The slowdown is gone but the weirdass bleeding effect of the main menu background is still there. Any idea how to get rid of it?
bleeding?
(10-05-2011, 11:13 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: bleeding?

Bleeding as in the background image of the main menu bleeds into the opening cinematic. Terminology may be different but look at the screenshot you'll see what I mean.
only bleeding i see is from the text in the intro, and thats how it appears on the ps2.
oh that wont go unless you press F9, its a Direct X buffer thing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

really ref? Tongue2

i don't notice it, i must not be looking for it
(10-05-2011, 11:20 PM)refraction Wrote: oh that wont go unless you press F9, its a Direct X buffer thing.

Yay, thank you! Laugh Mind if I ask what that button actually does?
it switches to GSDX software mode.

Ref, isn't this something you could resolve by adjusting the d3d clear mode, like works on some N64 games to resolve images blending into the next screen.