Weird controller problem in menus
Well I managed to figure out what the problem was. In spite of everyone saying how incapable my computer is of running decent games it's running just fine. It turns out that when MSN Plus! updated it installed this stupid thing called Smartbar with it that I didn't want. Anywho, after getting rid of that it works just like it used to. Why Smartbar would affect the menu and nothing else is beyond me but I'm not complaining now that it's working again.

Thanks for trying to help. I know you guys have dealt with hundreds and hundreds of cases on here but if I might offer some constructive criticism, it doesn't help a lot to tell me how my computer will run things like you know my computer better than I do. I took the time to say that I can get some games to run on here just fine (with some speedhacks and a sacrifice of visual quality of course) and I was having a problem with one of the games that I can get over 50 FPS from most of the time. It even has a built in fast forward so I can practically ignore slowdowns. I wasn't trying to run Metal Gear Solid 3 on a 4 year old non-gaming computer, I was trying to figure out what was causing a game that ran decently to have a problem that it never had before. Telling me it's my GPU because I don't have a top of the line graphics card even though my GPU never had a problem with the game before didn't help and it wasn't the problem. Yes, it's the reason I can't run other PS2 games, but it wasn't the cause of my particular problem, which was what I unsuccessfully tried to make clear to you guys.

Sponsored links