Weird pixely border on left and top side of screen
Hello all, 
     I was wondering if anyone here could help me with an issue I have been experiencing the past few days. When I try to play either Star Ocean three or FF12 I notice a really annoying border around the top and left side of my screen. the border looks like its just a bunch of staticy pixilated...ness (sorry I’m not sure how to describe it haha). I'm using pcsx2 1.2.1 with GSDX 5875. I have been searching for other people that have had this issue and while I have found some people that mentioned it they were not able to solve the problem. I have been messing around with the settings and I just can't seem to shake this issue Sad.

My PC specs are

I7 4770k
GTX 780
16gb ram  and I'm using a SSD if that effects anything.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sponsored links

can you please post a screenshot ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-17-2015, 04:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please post a screenshot ?
Hi again,
    I just realized almost the second after this post that I was using outdated graphics card drivers. I updated and now FF12 is running flawlessly and the border issue is gone from both games; however I now have an even more annoying issue in Star Ocean that is making everything ghost or showing double images lol. It also randomly shows like flashes of character and objects for a split second during combat.

here is a screenshot of the current star ocean issue.
[Image: sRhX5At.jpg]
care you please post your pcsx2 settings ?
(screenshot all tabs)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
have you tried the half pixel offset hack?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2015, 04:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: care you please post your pcsx2 settings ?
(screenshot all tabs)

Yes of course, thanks for looking at them!
[Image: BGMJAoD.png][Image: XCsnUuG.png]
[Image: ei6ls2i.png][Image: Vgy2UrW.png]
[Image: kdmShx0.png][Image: 0s60fSH.png]
[Image: Tf9cU6I.png]

(08-17-2015, 05:00 PM)refraction Wrote: have you tried the half pixel offset hack?

I tried that for the first issue (that my driver update fixed) and I just gave it a shot for the current ghosting/frame flashing issue but it did not work Sad.
(08-17-2015, 05:23 PM)eetwast Wrote: I tried that for the first issue (that my driver update fixed) and I just gave it a shot for the current ghosting/frame flashing issue but it did not work Sad.

Did you tick the "Enable HW Hacks" box as well? It won't work without that.

(08-17-2015, 05:25 PM)refraction Wrote: Did you tick the "Enable HW Hacks" box as well? It won't work without that.

Thanks for the follow up Smile. I just tried it again and ensured that it was ticked but I'm still having the ghost/flashing images issue :'(
Hmmm I don't know then, it's probably just a bug caused by upscaling, it will probably be fine in native resolution.

you could try Native res with MSAA set to 8, might not look too terrible Tongue

(08-17-2015, 05:44 PM)refraction Wrote: Hmmm I don't know then, it's probably just a bug caused by upscaling, it will probably be fine in native resolution.

you could try Native res with MSAA set to 8, might not look too terrible Tongue

Haha yeah its working. I can live with this. Thanks so much for the help Smile