Weirdly Slow
I'm fairly new to using this but I've followed the guides as best as I can see to but am still confused about my game speeds.

I have only tried running Dark Chronicle and Zone of the Enders - The Second Runner admittedly but on both these games I am lagging alot.

Dark Chronicle is unplayably slow unless I have x2 speed hack and a couple of the tickbox speed hacks enabled.

ZOE is frequently laggy and videos are completely unplayable and I cant gain enough speed through hacks to remedy this.

PCSX2 itself suggests that no speed hacks is the best method for a high end machine yet I am still having lag troubles WITH them.

Reducing Internal Res makes NO difference to performance. (Note I have the graphics settings configured to my screen res but everything still plays in a window?)

Current System:
Intel i7 920 D0 stepping edition @ 2.67GHz
6gb OCZ Reaper DDR3 @ 1400MHz
ATI 4890 (Powercolor PCS+ Edition) @ Core: 950MHz, Memory: 4.2GHz

Running through ISOs so disks not an issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored links

Post which PCSX2 version you are using, plugins and their settings. If you're not using 0.9.7 already, go get it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-11-2010, 02:01 PM)Stuffit53 Wrote: I'm fairly new to using this but I've followed the guides as best as I can see to but am still confused about my game speeds.

I have only tried running Dark Chronicle and Zone of the Enders - The Second Runner admittedly but on both these games I am lagging alot.

Dark Chronicle is unplayably slow unless I have x2 speed hack and a couple of the tickbox speed hacks enabled.

ZOE is frequently laggy and videos are completely unplayable and I cant gain enough speed through hacks to remedy this.

PCSX2 itself suggests that no speed hacks is the best method for a high end machine yet I am still having lag troubles WITH them.

Reducing Internal Res makes NO difference to performance. (Note I have the graphics settings configured to my screen res but everything still plays in a window?)

Current System:
Intel i7 920 D0 stepping edition @ 2.67GHz
6gb OCZ Reaper DDR3 @ 1400MHz
ATI 4890 (Powercolor PCS+ Edition) @ Core: 950MHz, Memory: 4.2GHz

Running through ISOs so disks not an issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

Whoever told you that is lying. PCSX2 still doesn't run 100% without speed hacks on top end machines(depending on the game). I've heard tales of ZoE being a slow before. Wild arms 3 is still slow in battle even though the EE and GS are well below 90%(they are around like 50% but it still loses FPS).There are just some games that given the GS trouble and thats how it is. Though there is not a single computer on the face of this earth that can play ps2 without speedhacks entirely. (i remember bositman telling me that once before)
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
sounds like you're using 0.9.6 from what you're saying, update to 0.9.7 beta (3116?) or build one for yourself, and dispite what you believe, your pc is NOT high-end