Went from WinXP Pro to Windows 7 Ultimate - PCSX2 doesn't run properly anymore!
Quote:! it used to work SO great before, but not now...
What do you mean before? What changed since then?
Your settings are fine, maybe VU cycle stealing is set too high so try reducing it, it CAN reduce the actual speed of your game. Also set GSdx to hardware mode. If all else fails, you can try software mode and setting sw render threads to 2.
Also the info you posted does not show which graphics card you have, download GPU-Z, find out and tell us
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

i see. hmm.. check first post. those pics are from the pcsx2 i used when i was using windows xp pro.

i tried reducing it and put the sw renderer to 2, but sadly no success.

as for GSdx to hardware mode, you mean the Renderer in should be set to i.e Direct3D9 in Plugin Settings, yes?

here's my GPU info:
[Image: 695286.jpeg]

also, anything i should put on Interlacing?

hope this gives better answers...
Your rig should be able to run most games (sorry i don't know Berserk and how good it runs in most machines).

Since you're now on win7 (I'll not ask why stick with 32 bits since it comes with the same lacks and much more bloat than XP, still your right of choice) Directx10 should be available and this is the only real advantage in this OS exchange, try it first.

The 1x is the only mode that values in the box are actually used, all others are native resolution's multipliers. Although the video card is good, you should always try it native and no speed hack at all, adjusting the resolution to better if already got full speed, what prolly not with that CPU.

Once you do have a clean startpoint, it's time to try and get the better possible playable status, namely full speed with the less collateral effects.

To it begin setting up the marked recommended hacks, play a bit every time you try one, if it does not enhances perceptibly the performance disable it.

once all those that showed some improvement are set, it's time for those sliders. As first approach it's recommended one step in the EE cyclerate, if it showed some advantage keep it, else return it to none and try the VU ciclestealing one step; play a little while, play special attention if it does not breaks sound synchronization mainly in cutscenes.

If not enough move the VU one step more, at this point you should see a huge increment in the FPS but it may lag the game. This lag is dependent on several factors and will vary in the same game depending the part or even the direction is faced. Still it may be better than low raw FPS.

If still needing some juice put the EE again in the first step.

This setup will be sufficient for many games, if not it's the CPU the greater bottleneck with Berserk. Every other advances in the hacks may help but the cost will harm quality and can even break the game at some point. You should consider Overclocking the CPU a bit.

For those others games the above setup is fine, it's time to try and enhance the general visual aspect, this GPU should be able to run 2x or even 3x before some major fall in performance. Using the multipliers instead inputted values in 1x reduces chances of scaling errors and graphic glitches but in the end is your satisfaction and taste the final judge.

PS: one final word I forgot. Many times the fall in general performance in win7 is due to power save features, you should consider using a high performance profile while gaming in general and PCSX2 in particular, this last is sensible to it since many times while one core is being stressed, the other (GS nominally) may be low and that feature may interpret the average is low and scale down the speed, what will worsen the picture ever, repeat and again... result=fail

It's easy to toggle profiles in the "power options" under the control panel, if the high profile one is hidden click the "show additional plans" and it'll be there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
holy crap that's one massive post...

first of all, i don't care about the sounds. i've turned off the sound. no need to use the sound nor won't i be using the sound, so don't worry about that. nor are there any major cutscenes in the game. just a couple that lasts some 10 secs or something. not important.

i am not sure how to overclock a cpu, so i might leave that until i find someone who knows that or something.

HOW do i move from DX11 to DX10 then? like, i've got DX11 installed, should i install DX10 as well then..? i use win7 32-bit for now, so don't mind about that. heh.

i've tried to start with a clean setup and slightly move the speed-sliders, but to no result, sadly.
ops, sorry, dx11 is good already... it may be I look one picture and it was the 9 there.

Since the setup should work for many games in that rig, was the reason the PS in the former post, you might not have seen it yet, try that power save thing.
what PS-thing are you talking about? Power save thing? are you talking about the power save on my PC-setup? (right click on desktop, change power settings, advanced power settings) or?

after mixing and trickin a lot with the emulator, i found out that i can turn ON _every_ speed hack, but the ONLY speed hack that gives me any noticeable result is when i put VU Cycle Stealing to "Moderate".. the speed is correct when walking, but when fighting, it explodes into a meep-meep speedy thingy... and i can have ALL the other speed hacks turned OFF and only leave the VU Cycling Stealing at "Moderate", but then that hasty crap happens. if i put VU Cycling Stealing 1 step down to "Slight", the walking, fighting and everything gets TOO slow. and even if i enable ALL other speedhacks, it doesn't change. bwah. i don't understand what the hell is going on! i am using Direct3D9 (hardware) instead of Direct3D10 (hardware). it doesn't matter which one i choose anyway...

so yeah, this is getting utterly frustrating, to say the least!

will it help if i put the .exe to run in Windows Xp SP2 or SP3 mode?
what's the FPS i should have on my pcsx2 then? it's a PAL game...
Sorry I'm not native English speaker so I'll assume meep-meep is too fast. Although the limit frame rate itself is as it should be I noticed in one the screenshots you changed the PAL to 60FPS. That explains the high speed If the game is PAL.

Playin in XP mode could be a try but I can't see how it helps.

Yes, the Power save thing is that described about in my first post's PS (As in Post scriptum - post write)

Edit: your post came after writing this, PAL speed is 50FPS.
ah, sorry if i was being too harsh on your writing. didn't mean to be that...mean. thanks for helping me! i appriciate that a lot!

yes, i have tried to put everything to default, so the FPS went back to 50.0 FPS on PAL, but it is still not giving me any results... and i really cannot understand what's the problem... i've tried using the old pcsx2 rev that i used when i had windows xp pro sp2 and sp3, but it still isn't work like it should work...

what other suggestions do you have?

and yes, i have the power settings set to "high performance" now.
At this point it's the knowing about that specific games particularities and issues what will help, sadly I don't have it and don't know about any specific tweak that could help, sorry.
Follow the thread, maybe someone comes with help, good luck.