What Bios Files Are Needed? I Have ROM,BIN,NVM,MEC?
Hi, I want to know what are the files needed for configuring the bios, I mean what files should I place inside the bios folder?

I have these files:

scph39001.bin
scph39001.mec
scph39001.nvm
rom1

Please tell me which files will I place inside the bios folder, THANKS!
Help would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Sponsored links

The file which you should put in there should be the .bin file, and it should be exactly 4,096 KB.

Edit: I don't know if it needs the extra files - I just tossed everything I extracted into the folder, so it might, but it should work with just the .bin.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-15-2011, 11:16 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: The file which you should put in there should be the .bin file, and it should be exactly 4,096 KB.

YES! Its exactly 4096 Kb!
I wonder what the rom, nvm, mec files are for but anyways that does not matter.
THANK YOU BRO YOUVE HELPED A LOT TO A NEWBIE TODAY!
Ill add reputations to you for answering two of my questions. Thanks!
The nvm is the configuration file for the bios and is not needed. It is created automatically when you first run the bios.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Just put them all in the bios folder.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
"What Bios Files Are Needed?"

Bositman Wrote: Attention: It is recommended that you have all files for BIOS newer than the SCPH-10000.bin. You will probably be able to run the bios or games without having them but there may be a chance that these affect compatibility somehow. This includes rom1.bin,rom2.bin,erom.bin and a SCPH-XXXXX.nvm file where XXXXX is the version of your bios(eg SCPH-34004.nvm).This last file can be also created from PCSX2 after you configure your bios(set time zone, language etc) but it's better if you have this file directly ripped from your Playstation 2. Once more DO NOT ASK where to get these files, since they are part of the BIOS too.

I linked you directly to this in your other thread regarding this.
(07-15-2011, 08:46 PM)Rezard Wrote: "What Bios Files Are Needed?"

I linked you directly to this in your other thread regarding this.

ok, i thought nvm stands for "nevermind" hahaha.
So where should i put those files? inside the bios folder?
All of the BIOS files you want to use should go into the folder you have selected with your current PCSX2 installation (should be the BIOS folder).
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...