What GS plugin for my system?
Hi everyone,

I'm new here! Wondering if anyone could help..

I am struggling to get a suitable GS plugin for my system to run Onimusha 2, Tenchu 3 etc. I have tried search and couldn't find anyone who has a similar setup to me so I apologise in advance if I created a new thread needlessly.

I have tried the GSdx plugins and they do not want to play in my native resolution (1920x1080) and the ZeroGS lags like hell even though I'm pretty sure my system is more than capable:

Processor: i7 3820 4GHz (OC'd from 3.6)
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 (stock 900MHz clock)
HDD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GBx2 (240GB) and Seagate 1TB 64MB Cache

Surely this setup is good enough to run the PCSX2 emulator with any game?

I hope someone can help me out (fairly new and haven't done that much experimenting in terms of hacks etc).

Thanks a lot

Sponsored links

Your system should work pretty well for that. have you tried using the MTVU speedhack? This will take advantage of an extra core.

Also when you say they do not want to play in 1080p, how do you mean?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-10-2013, 09:46 PM)refraction Wrote: Your system should work pretty well for that. have you tried using the MTVU speedhack? This will take advantage of an extra core.

Also when you say they do not want to play in 1080p, how do you mean?

Thanks for the response, refraction.

I did try using the MTVU speedhack with the ZeroGS but this does not fix the issue (still really slow). Forgot to mention there are a lot of artifacts and pixelation on the screen with this, regardless of the AA settings.

When using the GSdx plugins I set the resolution to 1080p but it doesn't seem like true HD (looks very stretched and 'big'; also when I minimize the window it says 640x512). I made sure I changed the window setting to 16:9 and to 1920x1080, too, but no joy.

Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: In fact, I do see some improvement when changing it FROM PS2 native to 1080p in terms of the picture but it still seems a bit stretched. Maybe this is as good as it gets but I would have to say I am a bit disappointed as PS1 emulators look fantastic when set correctly.
Keep using GSdx it's the only choice if you care about both quality and speed, other plugins aren't really used by windows users unless with some very rare cases(I don't even know any example of game that could gain from it;p).

The res in the window title always shows native res, just ignore it, and about not true HD well it isn'tTongue it's over 10 years old graphics what did you expect? You can upscale it, but it'll not look any younger, just less aliased over 3D models(even less if you set internal res higher than your monitor support, but too much and it'll lag at some point doesn't matter how powerfull gpu you get as no modern gpu can run every game on max here;p). Get used to it. @_@

And for 16:9 if game doesn't support widescreen natively(either in game menu or by using bios settings which then requires full boot and actually setting the bios to 16:9 as well;p) you can search for a widescreen patch for it. You cannot force 16:9 ratio from the emulator itself, it'll just be stretched 4:3(in many bad pal ports it will actually be double stretched;p).
(03-10-2013, 10:24 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Keep using GSdx it's the only choice if you care about both quality and speed, other plugins aren't really used by windows users unless with some very rare cases(I don't even know any example of game that could gain from it;p).

The res in the window title always shows native res, just ignore it, and about not true HD well it isn'tTongue it's over 10 years old graphics what did you expect? You can upscale it, but it'll not look any younger, just less aliased over 3D models(even less if you set internal res higher than your monitor support, but too much and it'll lag at some point doesn't matter how powerfull gpu you get as no modern gpu can run every game on max here;p). Get used to it. @_@

And for 16:9 if game doesn't support widescreen natively(either in game menu or by using bios settings which then requires full boot and actually setting the bios to 16:9 as well;p) you can search for a widescreen patch for it. You cannot force 16:9 ratio from the emulator itself, it'll just be stretched 4:3(in many bad pal ports it will actually be double stretched;p).

Cheers bud, that's cleared a lot up and I suppose I should have expected it! Just Onimusha for instance looks a bit blurry and stretched. I do think the pre-rendered backgrounds contributes to it looking blurry.

I have downloaded and tried FFX and it does look gorgeous (very sharp using 16:9 and renders really well) so as you said it might just be that the game doesn't support that aspect ratio.

When you mention PAL ports, are you saying that NSTC could look better?
Quote:I have downloaded and tried FFX

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go