Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Say Is A 'Playable' Framerate?
back on my old ***** computer, I would consider playing games all the way through at 20+ FPS. that's pretty bad, but at the time I was just happy to my ps2 games on my computer. Nowadays with my new computer I'll only really play games that run full speed and can't be bothered with anything that runs below that

what would you say is a 'playable' framerate for you?

Sponsored links

It really depends on the game. Some games can be easily played at lower frame rates such as RPGs while fighting games for example are unbearable at low FPS
Moved to off topic
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Playable for me means full speed.
I can bear with an occasional drop below that but generally the game should run at intended speed.
Just listening to skipping or timestretched audio is really a deal breaker here Tongue2
Rama thats why you set it to asynch instead of time streched in the audio plugin. For me playable speeds is about 40+ for games like final fantasy X,XII and grandia 2-3 havent really tried any other games to be honest considering my cpu is the bottleneck in this pc considering its a intel pentium dual core e2180. I am wondering what other rpgs I might be able to play this is setup. Hmm anyone have any highly optimized game suggestions for me for this emulator?
Dragon Quest 5 (get the japanese game and the fan translation patch), such a gem and runs very well.

Async mixing is a good choice for slow games, if the game works properly with it.
non-timed (rpg, non-rts strategy): 15
action (fps, fighting, platformer, sports, etc.): 30

but then I do have a high tolerance for lag in my gaming.
omg. how can you stand it, low fps makes me want to murder children, i demand to only play ffx-2 @ 120 fps constant ಠ_ಠ
[Image: 8rg00e-4.png]
Yea, one of the main benefits of PCSX2 in my book is speeding up lame leveling in rpg Tongue2
savestates ftw? most games run fast for me anyway. (50+ ntsc)
(11-28-2011, 04:51 PM)bogey_j Wrote: back on my old ***** computer, I would consider playing games all the way through at 20+ FPS. that's pretty bad, but at the time I was just happy to my ps2 games on my computer. Nowadays with my new computer I'll only really play games that run full speed and can't be bothered with anything that runs below that

what would you say is a 'playable' framerate for you?

30fps for RPG type games, 60fps for Tongue shooters and pretty up everything else
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]