What are the best settings for Sims 2?
Hi everyone, what are the best settings for Sims 2? I have a super annoying flickring going on that does not let me play. I tried different settings but it does not work. Can someone please orient me on what settings is the best to play this game.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
also, provide a screenshot both your GSDX plugin settings and speedhacks section settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
1. These are my pc specs:

Dell laptop, windows 8.1
Processor Intel Core i7 1.8GHz
RAM 8 GB, 64-bit operating system

2. This is the version of pcsx2

v1.3.1-2015

3. Im using ISO file for the emulation (The Sims 2, US version)

I attached the screenshots below of the speedhacks and GS window.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-08-2015, 09:27 PM)jerikochan Wrote: 1. These are my pc specs:

Dell laptop, windows 8.1
Processor Intel Core i7 1.8GHz
RAM 8 GB, 64-bit operating system

2. This is the version of pcsx2

v1.3.1-2015

3. Im using ISO file for the emulation (The Sims 2, US version)

I attached the screenshots below of the speedhacks and GS window.

I would just say "play the PC version" but try using Software Mode (F9) first.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
Marge, can you stop saying to play the PC version. This is an emulation forum after all.

Anyways, Jerikochan, can you post ALL of your settings please? The compatibility list doesn't show any issues with the game, so it might have something to do with your settings.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-08-2015, 09:37 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Marge, can you stop saying to play the PC version. This is an emulation forum after all.

Like I said, I did say "I would just say" but I gave him some decent advice. Software mode would probably eliminate (or at least show signs of elimination) the glitch.

Oooh, OpenGL?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
I tried pressing F9 during emulation, but it became even more glitchy and slow. Thanks anyway for the sugestion, ill try it in other games that get glitchy. I did not know about the software mode.
I attached my other settings below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could be Speedhacks causing the flickering maybe? Also, you didn't list the Game Fixes tab. Did you enable anything there?

Try putting EE Cyclerate to 1, VU Cycle Stealing to 0, and enable MTVU instead. See if the flickering goes away.

[Edit]
Turn off FX Shader as well, just noticed that one. Maybe that causes issues too.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yeah, speed hacks usually cause flickering issues. If, settings the sliders to (0,1) doesn't help then, try using with different video backends.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction