What are the problems with Fatal Frame? Planning to buy them
Hi people! ong ago i've beaten all 3 fatal frame. But since the 4th is coming I want to re-play them. I sold my copies long ago and a friend wants to sell me the three for cheap.

I checked the compatibility and all of them says "in-game"... what are the problems with them? can you play them and beat the games or does it hangs or it's soooo slow or what? Shoul I buy them? I really want to. Beside, great prices.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7

Sponsored links

Quote:Shoul I buy them? I really want to.
If you want and you can then possible yes, you should.
Even if it won't work on pcsx2, you still can play them on your ps2.
Easy as that.
My ps2 it's broken long ago too =P I play wii now and i'm going to get the 4. That's why i wanted to play them again. I just want to know what the problems with this games are, concerning pcsx 2. But good point too. I think i'll buy them anyways =P
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
Fatal Frame 1 works almost perfectly except for these white dots that show up around the ghosts which i think actually helped lol, the 2nd and 3rd one won't get past the start menu because of what seems to be FMV issues and you can get ingame if you copy a savegame from a ps2 after the intro movie but it will freeze anytime you get to a cutscene Sad. Rama said there were other things too it wasn't just an issue of disabling FMV's. I just finished 2nd one last night on PS2 and started 3rd one....fun stuff.
[Image: Kain243.jpg]
Actually you can skip the white dots problem using ZeroGS. That's a GSdx bug, there are white dots in place of the correct spectrum effect around ghosts. And that's a problem on both hardware and sofware renderers of GSdx.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Ok thanks. BTW the 3 is very good!. I still will buy them but I know that I can't play them (as of now) on pcsx 2. Anyways, thanks again! =D
Well.. I guess sooner or later Fatal Frame 2 and 3 will be playable too on Pcsx2.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

fatal frame is shown playable in compatibility list.

Would like to know what are the config settings for it to work. I can't get it to run properly, my pcsx2 just crash once the game is about to load.
Windows 7 x64
Intel G2020 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GT630GT 2048mb
(04-13-2009, 08:48 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Well.. I guess sooner or later Fatal Frame 2 and 3 will be playable too on Pcsx2.

Hopefully sooner then later ;D...to the person above, Fatal Frame runs quite well for me with latest pcsx2 9.6, gsdx 887, lilypad, 2x speedhack all other advanced options checked, all cpu options ticked, winxp Sp3. Specs on profile...alternatively zerogs should run it ok as well, but i prefer gsdx render at 1200p Laugh, try native res mebe that helps. Movies weren't a problem for me so idk whats wrong. Using Fatal Frame ntsc fyi.
[Image: Kain243.jpg]
(04-13-2009, 05:31 PM)kain243 Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 08:48 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Well.. I guess sooner or later Fatal Frame 2 and 3 will be playable too on Pcsx2.

Hopefully sooner then later ;D...to the person above, Fatal Frame runs quite well for me with latest pcsx2 9.6, gsdx 887, lilypad, 2x speedhack all other advanced options checked, all cpu options ticked, winxp Sp3. Specs on profile...alternatively zerogs should run it ok as well, but i prefer gsdx render at 1200p Laugh, try native res mebe that helps. Movies weren't a problem for me so idk whats wrong. Using Fatal Frame ntsc fyi.

Hmm, in WinXP with dx9, gsdx. I get flickering blank screen.
with WinXP dx9, zerogs, I get pcsx2 crash. With lots of error like Dma Trans Error and Check Frame invalid bpp.

The game is NTSC also.

Windows 7 x64
Intel G2020 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GT630GT 2048mb