What are the requirements to run PS2 FMV's on the emu?
Ok, I know my games usually go fast, I have no problem at all with the speed, but the FMV's for example are slow and choppy. I have the latest plugins and the latest SVN. Is there a way to make them faster or do I have to get the most powerful PC in the world?

My PC config:
Athlon X2 5600+ 2.93Ghz
XFX 8800GS PCI-e 384MB GDDR3
2GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
500GB SATAII Hard disk

PCSX2 SVN used: PP r586
- MTGS enabled
- DualCore enabled
- VuRec0 and VuRec1 enabled
- Normal framelimit mode
Plugins used:
GDSX 1.14
- 640x480x85Hz, Pixel Shader 3.0
- 1024x1024 native resolution set
ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 PP 563
Dev9Null
LilyPad 0.9.4

Sponsored links

It depends on the game, really.
try to enable some speedhacks (enabling too many or too much will cause the FMV and FMV sound to stutter, but maybe some can be enabled without issues - depends on the game).
Have you tried using different plugins?
Like for sound.
Uh, 586 is not the latest, 587 was posted more than 12 hrs ago.....
But anyway, nothing you can do. FMVs rely on brute cpu power to work. That, and the code need to be improved. You can try all the plugins you want and it won't matter at all.
(01-14-2009, 07:21 PM)Krakatos Wrote: Uh, 586 is not the latest, 587 was posted more than 12 hrs ago.....
Sorry for offtopic, but can you provide me a link for these builds(586\587)? I can only find 563 version at the forum.
There are no links for them, you need to compile them yourself. At any rate, I will post a new beta either this evening or tomorrow, so you need just a little patience XD
(01-14-2009, 07:21 PM)Krakatos Wrote: But anyway, nothing you can do. FMVs rely on brute cpu power to work. That, and the code need to be improved. You can try all the plugins you want and it won't matter at all.

Yeah, I've noticed FMV's on Intel Core2Duo CPU's work better than AMD's X2 CPU's. Must be because of the SSE instructions...
Say, what about you guys implementing some speed boost instruction option to perhaps double the speed of the emu (well, of course if it's not hard work)? It may be helpful for those games which not only FMV's but the ingame stutter and seem unplayable. Take Futurama for example. The game's FMV not only is slow, the characters are too.
(01-14-2009, 09:59 PM)montecrudo Wrote: Say, what about you guys implementing some speed boost instruction option to perhaps double the speed of the emu (well, of course if it's not hard work)? It may be helpful for those games which not only FMV's but the ingame stutter and seem unplayable.

That's a great idea!
Why didn't we think of that earlier... Just add a option that makes the emu twice as fast!

Made my day Laugh
Hi guyz iam new here.I wanted to ask something if you can explain me.I instaled the emulator today and set up the Bios and Plugins, but i have bad problem --- my FPS is too low.I tryed to play Prince of Persia 3 my FPS was 3-9:unplayable.Is there something i do wrong - because the FPS is too low or my PC configuration is bad.Tank you

my confg:

CPU: Amd Athlon 64 3200+
GPU: GF 7300 GT 512mb
RAM: ddr1 1.5Ghz
Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

> your pc is too slow..