What changed? [64-bit discussion]
i've been stalking this project since 2008

Devs back then and up to ~2011 said that the improvement out of implementing 64-bit instructions is minimal

What changed?

Sponsored links

Somebody was interested in reactivating the 64-bit compatibility. Nevertheless nobody wrote 64-bit efficient code. You will see no difference even if you could compile in x64.
The advantage would be at this point the possibility to use more than 4GB RAM.

If you already have 64bit compatible code maybe there will be somebody who really codes the essential parts in x64-efficient way
From a Linux perspective, it would make things easier with compiling code. From a Windows perspective, there is no real issue to be gained at all.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(09-26-2014, 02:25 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: From a Linux perspective, it would make things easier with compiling code. From a Windows perspective, there is no real issue to be gained at all.

On the windows side it's just laying the groundwork for everything. There isn't any speed difference between 32 and 64 bit versions currently. The speed difference could come from optimizing the dynarecs for 64-bit
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think it's more important on the Linux side for now, where maintaining dual 32/64 libs is much more of a pain than on Windows. Especially for compiling.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD