What controller has good compatibility?
Hello,
im new to the community and this is my first post ! My question:

Im looking for a USB controller that offers basicly the same functions of a PS2 controller, and is verry compatible with lilypad plugin. Ive been playing with just keyboard for a while but its just to hard ! Any suggestions are verry much welcome, but i dont wanna buy a brand new controller only to find out that its not working with PCSX2 plugins.

Also, ive just run shadow of the colossus for the first time, but to get a realistic framerate, ive had to turn on the speedhacks (EE cyclerate at 3 and VU cycle stealing at 1). Ive never had to do this before but the game seems to be running steady and with a good framerate now. Will this cause me problems in the future ?

thanks in advance !

Sponsored links

Well almost all controlers run fine with pcsx2.

For shadow of collosus.It is demanding game,so if you do not have strong CPU (two cores) you will have to use speedhacks.Using speedhacks might bring grafic glitches,but it speeds up game.
I'm using a logitech Rumblepad 2, working fine in lillypad, only cost me about $40us
first off : thanks for your swift reply ! Much appreciated.

Well the game looks amazing and im playing it now at verry high resolution. I have a core2duo processor (2.5ghz). With default settings the game ran at around 30 fps. Now its running at normal fps and i havent seen any visual bugs yet. Ive never used the speedhacks so im just worried i might destroy the game Sad .

Also, could you give me an example of a commonly used controller. Im really clueless about brands etc. Ive read here that people use sixaxis controllers but the procedure seems a little complicated so i just want a controller that i can use any time for PC games aswell.

@ saiki

thanks for your reply ! ill check that controller out.

thanks and greets !
Most PC games now use a Xbox 360 controller as default, would be the most compatible for that I suppose...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
my pad works with newer games well enough also, only game I have with issues is NFS: Shift but even the 360 pad doesn't work for me.. (so much for supported..)
If you have a PS3 you can hook that up to your PC quite easily now that they have legally signed drivers.

You can even set it up to be wireless, and emulate Xbox 360 controllers.

PS3 controllers are around 39.99 here, but you could get a cheaper one off ebay.
om using intex and lilypad plug in
works fine but every know and then i need to adjust its sensitivty of the buttons for specific games like star ocean where u need to press lightly on the dragon flute to play the happy and the carefree song u need a 0.6 below sensitvty to do it
(11-03-2010, 03:23 AM)Chase_Payne Wrote: If you have a PS3 you can hook that up to your PC quite easily now that they have legally signed drivers.

PS3 controllers are around 39.99 here, but you could get a cheaper one off ebay.

Signed drivers have nothing to do with legality.
(11-03-2010, 06:42 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote:
(11-03-2010, 03:23 AM)Chase_Payne Wrote: If you have a PS3 you can hook that up to your PC quite easily now that they have legally signed drivers.

Signed drivers have nothing to do with legality.
Well you could have ILLEGALLY signed the drivers with a hack; then it would have to do with legality. (To the point where you don't even need to be in test mode.)

Now you don't have to worry about that, or go in test mode.