What do the microVU options do?
Thread title + with the Clamp options, do you get more accurate emulation by setting the 2 clamp options to the right most setting (Full and Extra + Reserve Sign)?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM

Sponsored links

Do a search next time.
1)http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-11210.html
2)http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html (config guide...)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Question that is not answered by either link afaik.

Q) What do the MicroVU options do? do they cycle between different engines the VU setting will use if ticked?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
As cottonvibes stated in the first link, it is just a different implementation of the VU, mainly with compatibility in mind. The default one, superVU, is the first implementation. Think of it as GSDX and ZEROGS. They both emulate the GS, but one uses DX while the other uses OGL. So, yeah, microVU does the same thing as superVU, and that is emulating the VU.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Yes, but is the SuperVU the VU option? If I disable the VU recompilers, will that affect the functionality of the MicroVU options?
Computer specifications:
If you disable the VU recompilers, it affects all VU functionality. Disable microVU, the superVU takes over, because it is the default. Enable microVU, microVU takes over. Simple as that.
Quote:If you disable the VU recompilers, it affects all VU functionality.
So, if I disable the VU recompilers the microVU options become redundant?

edit: I know what the microVU options do, they toggle between SuperVU and MicroVU which are different recompilers. I'm just after an answer to the above question.
Computer specifications:
Yes, well, if you disable VU recompilers, you pretty much disable both superVU and microVU. They are both VU recompilers.
Okay.
Computer specifications: