Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of a Geforce GTX 260?
What do you think of a Geforce GTX 260? Will it help PCSX2 run better?

Sponsored links

will help better compared to what??. GTX 260 is decent card but i wuold say radeon hd4870 is a little more efficient and cheaper
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
Will Geforce GTX 260 will run better than an 8800GT, 8800GTX, 9800GT, 9800GTX or a 220GT?
definitely will!
And i think it is best card ever Smile
just kidding. I just have one.
But i will nevery buy ati, because they dont have 3d vision, dont have physx, dont have cuda (last two are not so popular, but who knows what i will need in the near future. It is nice to have options)
i like that nvidia is working with game developers more than ATi, and there is no situation like with Saboteur that was not run very well on any ati cards before they made the patch for it.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(01-12-2010, 11:58 PM)tohdom Wrote: definitely will!
And i think it is best card ever Smile
just kidding. I just have one.
But i will nevery buy ati, because they dont have 3d vision, dont have physx, dont have cuda (last two are not so popular, but who knows what i will need in the near future. It is nice to have options)
i like that nvidia is working with game developers more than ATi, and there is no situation like with Saboteur that was not run very well on any ati cards before they made the patch for it.

There is not? ^^ So why for example Kings Bounty :armored Princess does not work on newest NVidia drivers?? ^^ Arguments like that better drivers on any of side is ***** .. both have some epic failures with them xD
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
Uh there's a difference tho... The Saboteur needed a game patch to work at all with most ATI cards and well if you think of usual PC game patches that take a long time to appear it was a lucky thing that it was a fast patch altho I have no idea how good it's that patch working (makes you wonder how do they even test those games if they don't catch a bug that big). For the king's bounty problem you just have to use older nvidia drivers but the game will work, there seems to be more buggy stuff in the nvidia 195.62 than a single game tho but anyway latest doesn't always mean better.

I'm using 191.78 quadro drivers myself which work pretty well for all I have.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@ Shadow Lady

What are those quadro drivers??, are they different to the ones that i download at nvidia homepage?
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
quadro are for nvidia quadro cards but i dont know whats the difference
Quadro drivers are heavily optimized for 3d modeling applications and opengl. GTX-260 is still one of best cards. I wouldn't switch back to ATI even if they have 3 DirectX generations advantage. That build quality, design of components and cooling is far better. Drivers ARE better if only by design although in DX ati *just* keep its drivers working fine. Although 4870 is much better card that my previous 3870, its still same red roaster as well as 5870. And I can't stand design and looks, look like cheap crap compared to NV. For that components and drivers, ati is still too expensive. Just being on par in performance is not enough. For pcsx2, gtx260 will run just great but I don't know if better because you didn't stated your current card. But it will not be bottleneck foe sure. For pcsx2, its about same as 8800gtx in performance. What most matter to pcsx2 are TMU's strength. In conclusion, I had amd cpu and ati cards in the past but after experiencing intel and nvidia I'll probably never switch back. Oh and ati have WORSE picture quality in some cases, like when 4870 under-filter textures in farcry 2 because of weak TMU's, shimmering, realtime shadows in Prototype not implemented at all etc etc... IT have weak 2d acceleration so many people reported if they went to windows safe mode screen was re-draw-ing like in 386 era. Don't bother with ati, Dirt2 sucks anyway ^_^.
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64
I have an 8800GT. Will the 260 GTX run better?