What does my pc need?
Although Intel with the i7 has now a clear performance advantage I still do support AMD. although a member of TCG like Intel, the former is not yet pursuing the infamous "Trusted Computing", least Intel do not turn out our computers a clone of Sony hardware implementations, intrusive DRM measures that actually let them own the machine and eventually, at their discretion, preventing non "official" or accepted OSes to boot, let alone documents passing from the writer's ownership to the application's ownership.

So, sorry, until things becomes clean the Intel boycott continues for me. It's not enough "we can but we will not do" promise.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(07-05-2010, 10:57 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: ...
So, sorry, until things becomes clean the Intel boycott continues for me. It's not enough "we can but we will not do" promise.
Don't fool yourself for a sec that AMD wouldn't go there too if it meant more $$. No company does things out of moral sense. Money talks, and if the MPAA et-al demands the lockouts, they will be there eventually, everywhere (see HDCP), and most people (as in 99%) won't even notice it till it's WAY too late, if at all...

I don't like it either, and I do what I can to promote openness wherever I can, but one shouldn't be disconnected from reality. I don't believe boycott from few (very little) openness promoters will have any real effect, unfortunately..
The first night they approach And pick a flower from our garden and we don't say anything.
The second night, no longer hiding, they stomp the flowers kill our dog, and we don't say anything.
Until one day the weakest of them enters our house alone, robs us the moon and knowing our fear, robs us the voice of our throats
And because we said nothing we no longer can say anything. - Mayakovsky V.

But this TC issue is not concern for these forums, it was a mistake from me bringing the issue I'm afraid. It should be taken only as information to seek elsewhere in the web, by interested someone that knew not the TC, Palladium project and such ever exist.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Why bring up "trusted computing" now? As avih said, this stuff is majorly governed by money, not company policy.
If it was AMD that had the biggest market share at that time the parties with an interest in regulating computing rights
would have aproached them instead with their DRM demands public charity prepositions.

If the public ever finds out it's getting cheated or surveyed by organizations using technology built into its computers,
the first thing it'll do is let the company that sold this computer know.
There'll be suing, massive refusal to buy and overall bad talk for that company. It'll loose big.
(07-05-2010, 12:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: ..
Don't get me wrong, I fully agree, it's just that.. I don't think the fight is with with the hardware manufacturers who just follow the money, but rather with those of the actual interest to rob our freedom, i.e. the big media corporations, and the governments they literally own (DMCA, Patriot ACT etc). That's where it starts, and that's where it has to be stopped, IMHO. Unfortunately, all previous arguments still stand (ppl won't notice in time), so an easy task it's not...

I find it a good discussion BTW, though nothing that hasn't been said before...
Guys, I change my power settings to always on and suddenly it shows this:

[Image: 01311479559569029714_thumb.png]

What do you think?
That (as expected) probably disabled cool n' quiet (or whatever AMD calls the system that clocks down their processors to save power). If it was malfunctioning or not detecting PCSX2 as adequate load to clock it back up, you might get better speeds, try it out
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^
I can run pcsx2 now with this current specs?
It's the same specs. As I said, if it was working properly you will get the exact same speed as before. If it wasn't you *might* get better speeds, but no one can tell until you test it yourself.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^

[Image: 33863820883018491491_thumb.png]

I can't seem to open PCSX2. T_T