What game is the most demanding above all?
Who is the one? Rachet and Clank 1, Jax 2, Jax 3, Sly 2, SotC, MGS2, MGS3?
From the games i've tested Rachet and Clank 1 is extremely demanding, even at PAL 50Fps gameplay, it 100% EE sometimes and from that it drops to ~~45Fps.

Sponsored links

there is no "one" game that's the most demanding. There are several that will push your computer. Why are you asking? We've already explained you need to upgrade your graphics card if you have any hope of playing the more demanding games in fullscreen. A better question would be, what's the recommended graphics cards that will support the more demanding games

Or list the games you actually own & we can tell you which ones might work on your current rig
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
probably 24 : the game
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction Smile
[Image: pA5WVUy.gif]
Try Sega Ages 2500 - Virtua Fighter 2 and/or Fighting Vipers. Software mode renders more or less correctly but can't reach full speed on my 7600k - gets around 80% speed. Hardware mode doesn't work correctly (monochrome textures) and around 30-40% speed if you're lucky.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
I made a thread years ago which compiled a lot of the most demanding games, which you can read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

I dunno which game is the hardest to run. Generally games like Shadow of the Colossus, MGS2 & 3, 24: The Game, Black, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, Mercenaries 1 & 2, and Tekken Tag Tournament were really demanding. There's others out there and probably some obscure games that not many really know about that haven't been widely tested and reported on that are demanding as well. It's pretty much trial & error. Modern CPU's have enough per-core performance to brute-force through a lot of these games and make them playable. The emulator has also gotten more accurate over the past few years which in some cases makes games more demanding or makes them less demanding due to less hacks being used and/or general emu improvements, with the gsdx OpenGL being more accurate overall than the Direct3D plugin.

That list I linked hasn't been updated in a while but it's still got a lot of games on it.
(05-27-2017, 07:03 AM)NarooN Wrote: I made a thread years ago which compiled a lot of the most demanding games, which you can read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

I dunno which game is the hardest to run. Generally games like Shadow of the Colossus, MGS2 & 3, 24: The Game, Black, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, Mercenaries 1 & 2, and Tekken Tag Tournament were really demanding. There's others out there and probably some obscure games that not many really know about that haven't been widely tested and reported on that are demanding as well. It's pretty much trial & error. Modern CPU's have enough per-core performance to brute-force through a lot of these games and make them playable. The emulator has also gotten more accurate over the past few years which in some cases makes games more demanding or makes them less demanding due to less hacks being used and/or general emu improvements, with the gsdx OpenGL being more accurate overall than the Direct3D plugin.

That list I linked hasn't been updated in a while but it's still got a lot of games on it.

+1 on Shadow of the Colossus , definitely more demanding the MGS3 even.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black