What games actually work?
Hi dudes
All the games I have tried either have severe glitches in HW mode or run at half speed in SW mode (even with speedhacks).
Can anyone suggest games that run fine?
Games I have tried so far -
Baldurs Gate 2, Ghost Recon 1&2, Spiderman 2
GTA San Andreas strangely runs not too bad except for annoying reflection (Skip Draw and Hacks don't help)

Windows 7 64 bit sp1
ATI HD 4800
Intel Quad Core 750 @2.7Ghz
8 GB Ram

Obviously I will only try games I actually have in my library..... ahem

Sponsored links

If you turned on all hacks, it most likely will not work, or at least not like it's supposed to. Try setting EE cycle hack on 1 and VU hack on 1 or 2, and turn on MTVU. Also, try running the games in a native resolution. For software mode, add 1 or 2 extra rendering threads in the gs plugin, or eventually try overclocking (2.7GHz is too slow for software as far as I know)
97% of all games known to the devs work. with a mere 1% not working at all

If you're having issue either you need to upgrade your pcsx2 or you need to readjust the settings you are using
(04-10-2014, 06:42 AM)Rassane Wrote: If you turned on all hacks, it most likely will not work, or at least not like it's supposed to. Try setting EE cycle hack on 1 and VU hack on 1 or 2, and turn on MTVU. Also, try running the games in a native resolution. For software mode, add 1 or 2 extra rendering threads in the gs plugin, or eventually try overclocking (2.7GHz is too slow for software as far as I know)

I have a quad core - 10.8Ghz, not very fast by todays standards (my last pc was 14Ghz OCd but blew up) but still should be fine surely?
I don't turn on all the hacks just those I think will help, changing the EE VU sliders is something I do last and usually still doesn't help.
10.8 per core?

Cause you can't really add up things like that.

just as a point of notion. sites that read my 2.2 E2200 as a mono core read it at 4.9hz, not 4.4
(04-10-2014, 06:57 AM)Saiki Wrote: 97% of all games known to the devs work. with a mere 1% not working at all
If you're having issue either you need to upgrade your pcsx2 or you need to readjust the settings you are using

Probably bad title on my part but all the games work/run but either have graphic glitches or run slow so I'm asking what games work perfectly (or near as).
Using version 1.2.1.r5873 with the 4GB patch
(04-10-2014, 07:12 AM)Ramus Wrote: Probably bad title on my part but all the games work/run but either have graphic glitches or run slow so I'm asking what games work perfectly (or near as).
Using version 1.2.1.r5873 with the 4GB patch

It's a fake question since this "run slow" part depends on your specs. Thus your question is "which game(s) will run perfectly with my specs"

Better tell us which game(s) you library has. I guess most of us should be able to tell you which ones will run good among yours
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2014, 07:07 AM)Saiki Wrote: 10.8 per core?
Cause you can't really add up things like that.
just as a point of notion. sites that read my 2.2 E2200 as a mono core read it at 4.9hz, not 4.4

Flippin eck mate no, 10.8Ghz as an average altogether, you're kind of side tracking my post with points about what Ghz I have. Do I sound like someone that thinks they have 10.8 Ghz per core? I know I'm getting old and senile but I'm not a dumb ass.
your "average" is completely bogus then. and it's not side-tracking, it's getting real answers. if 2.7 is per-core that is a much better answer than 10.8 simply shold have said "it's a 2.7ghz quad core" much easier to understand that way

furthermore.. it's it hyperthreaded or pure cores (like an i7, or an i5)?
Quote:10.8Ghz as an average altogether
what ? Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go