What happed SVN to GIT don't understand help!
I always update to the latest svn builds every week or so it kind of a habit; (xD) and I notest a big change instead of seeing the build numbers I see the weird nonsense Commit bae75d2?

Pcsx2 team moved to Github. I do not understand where to download your new builds, on the website I saw a green button; little on the right I saw a wide white button that says "branch: master" not only that I see file map of the emulator all files spent into different sections and date on when it has been changed.

"branch: master" when I clicked on it I saw so may different version of the emulator in branches 0.9.8, 1.0, 1,2.x, debugger, master, masterx, newdmac, ect....

Witch on is the newest one?

The team no longer make svn builds, witch is fine but my question is that

Are you going to stop distribute prototype build entirely and just comment on them only form now on?

If no can you tell me where to download you new builds please?
help this noob with this new system of yours.

Note: I have been hearing about a new ps1 mode being added with the new builds.
Is that true?

Sponsored links

yea, GIT is a bit of a pain when it comes to commits, no idea what's newest most of the time

a far as PS1 mode, nothing hard stated from the dev team, the idea has been discussed by many people however
The source builds should start again, but Orphis, the guy who generously provides the bot that builds the source code version, has to adapt his bot to pull from GIT now.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-06-2014, 10:23 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The source builds should start again, but Orphis, the guy who generously provides the bot that builds the source code version, has to adapt his bot to pull from GIT now.

Thanks man I really though NO MORE BUILDS!!! xD, hearing this from you the Goddess herself everything going to be A OK Smile
so does anyone know how do the name of the revisions work?

before it was so easy, after r5555 was r5556, but now it's w83rff and then sg424z, wtf?
anyhow github has still SVN support
if you would like to stick to subversion, then just use: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2
I think it was not about the version control itself. The op wanted to download the precompiled version by orphis. So checking out the sources via GIT or SVN seems not to be the solution.
First of all, in SVN, when you used checkout to get a copy of the code, you'd get only one version of the files, and getting another revision would download it from the server. Unlike SVN, Git downloads a whole copy (clone) of the repository, including all the history since the very beginning (we imported all of the commits of SVN into Git).

To identify commits, Git uses a hash code generated from the information about the change, including the parent change, the code differences, author info, and such. As long as the commit information matches, everyone who has the code will see the same hash. This lets Git synchronize the different copies of the code by only comparing differences when the commit hashes don't match. The downside of this system, is that it's harder to identify which version of the code is newer.

To work around that, we changed the version labels to include a timestamp of the date when the commit was made. This way although you may not know the exact commit the version came from, at least you can compare by date.
I went ahead and built the latest version and posted it here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-SVN...ilds-by-me

Remember, although I am a moderator, this build is UNOFFICIAL and as such is NOT SUPPORTED ON THE FORUMS. Smile
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-06-2014, 11:35 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I went ahead and built the latest version and posted it here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-SVN...ilds-by-me

Remember, although I am a moderator, this build is UNOFFICIAL and as such is NOT SUPPORTED ON THE FORUMS. Smile

epic thx